Death by Didgeridoo (Jamie Quinn Mystery…

Death by Didgeridoo (Jamie Quinn Mystery Book 1)

by Barbara Venkataraman

"Death by Didgeridoo" by Barbara Venkataraman is the first entry in the delightful Jamie Quinn mystery series. This a light read that doesn't fail to entertain and will bring a smile to your face. I immediately fell in love with Jamie and look forward to reading more of her stories. This series is akin to watching an episode of "Murder, She Wrote" or another nostalgic mystery series that you fell in love with and miss seeing. It fills the void those old shows left behind and will brighten your day.

I loved the secondary characters, especially Jamie's friend Gracie, who was the most fleshed out in the story, along with Duke. He's definitely a character I'll want to see more of. I even look forward to more interaction with the suave and confident Nick Dimitropoulos. I just know Jamie is going to have more run-ins with him.

If you haven't read anything by Ms. Venkataraman, I definitely suggest you do. This author, and her wonderful stories, were unknown to me prior to reading this book, but I'm definitely planning on checking out the rest of the series and anything else she may write.

**I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review** ( )
  DTChantel | Jun 12, 2017 |
What’s a Didgeridoo?

Lawyer Jamie is still mourning her mother’s death when she dragged into the middle of her cousin Adam is arrested for the murder of a despised legendary rock star. Like an hourly detective television show, this plot moves along the surface quickly. Jamie is likable. Her relationships with others provide the foundation for the series. This novella is a very fast read.

I received this book free from the author. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. ( )
  bemislibrary | Feb 5, 2017 |
How do you prove someone is innocent of a murder when they tell the police it's there fault? That's what Jamie Quinn has to do for her cousin Adam. Adam has asperger's and doesn't always mean what he says. But the police think they have their murderer. Jamie must find the real killer before he's charged and put in jail.
Death by Didgeridoo is book one in the Jamie Quinn series. It's a short book with chapters that are a couple of pages long. The writing flows and that makes the book a fast read. ( )
  bah195 | Aug 16, 2016 |
Death By Didgeridoo by Barbara Venkataraman

Jamie Quinn, a lawyer is still trying to cope with her Mother's death. When she gets a call from her Aunt that her cousin Adam is accused of murder she decides to take his case. The victim was a Rock Star and he has a lot of enemies, the suspect list high. Jamie is determined to find the real killer and prove her cousin is innocent.

A fast paced cozy murder/mystery. I really liked Jamie, her Aunt and Adam. The story was very original and I learned what a didgeridoo was! I liked the musical references as well. I feel that those who enjoy a nice cozy murder/mystery will enjoy Death by Didgeridoo. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
This book has all the ingredients a good mystery book needs to have to succeed. A murder was committed, an innocent is accused of the murder, the plot can have many different ways out and it is not evident for the reader what might have happened until everything is explained at the end.
The task at hand is for a young lawyer named Jamie Quinn to figure out what happened to the victim, a former rock star named Spike that has plenty of enemies. The accused of the murder is her cousin Adam, whom she knows is incapable of hurting anybody. The only problem is that Adam confessed that he committed the crime. Aunt Peg is the sister of her late mother and ask her to represent Adam. Jamie works with family law and she needs to use the help of her best friend Grace (that works with criminal law) in order to represent her cousin, which by the way has a kind of autism. And another help comes from Duke, a character she helped getting divorced. She hires him as a private investigator. The author makes those characters come to live and you laugh out loud on the dialog between Jamie and Duke.
Very entertaining reading, it took me around four hours to read the whole book. I can barely wait to put my hands in the next Jamie Quinn's episode!
I received this book from the author for reviewing and I was not requested to write a positive review. Opinion expressed here is my own. ( )
  rmattos | Jan 23, 2016 |

Barbara Venkataraman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,108,579 books! | Top bar: Always visible