Dispatches from the Dating Zone by K T…

Dispatches from the Dating Zone

by K T Valentine

322,001,085 (4)None
Recently added byKMT01, stacejb

No tags.

This was an interesting book to read, if you are looking for something very English and with very little substance. Fleur Summers is unlucky in love, never finding the “right man”. Thus, she turns to friends and family for some help in the form of arranged dates. The book follows these dates, with commentary, of course, as Fleur goes about her mission to find the right man. I don’t claim to be a rude, but there was a little too much emphasis on sex throughout the book and not enough on the other aspects of a potential mate’s life and actions. It seemed as if Fleur based the large portion of her judgment of these dates on how well they performed in the sack. Perhaps the fact that I am just not English and just do not understand or appreciate their culture, dating games and/or humor. I just did not enjoy reading a book filled with recounts of one after another sexual exploits, some of which were actually quite funny. Many of Fleur’s arranged dates were, well, to be honest, weird. I wondered why her friends and family arranged dates with these men, knowing her as I assume they did (they were her friends and family, and who knows us better?). Some of the dates were really quite strange and definitely not her type. The book gave me one more reason why looking for friends and family to arrange meeting the “man of your dreams” may not be a good idea. If you enjoy English style humor, with lots of English jargon thrown in for good measure, you will enjoy this book. I, on the other hand you prefer to read US American jargon and not try to understand the true meaning of English jargon, this may not be the book for you. Ditto the US American dating rituals and games we play. I have read other books written by and including a lot of English (jargon and such) in them, but this one really has a lot. The story was light and easy to get through, though I wonder if the English really think having sex and how one performs is really all that important or whether this was written tongue in cheek. I received this from Library Thing to read and prove and honest review. ( )
  KMT01 | Oct 3, 2014 |
This book follows Fleur, a divorced single mother, as she attempts to get back into the dating scene. Unsure with where to begin, she asks friends and family to set her up on a series of blind dates.

I loved this book. The first half was filled with laugh out loud moments. Some of the people Fleur was set up with were over the top and clearly not the type of men she would have picked for herself, yet they were picked by the people who supposedly knew her best.

The second half of the book wasn't as funny, but it was still great. We get to see Fleur struggle to choose between two men and decide what she is truly searching for in a partner.

I liked Fleur. She was funny, but most importantly, she was a character that people can relate to.

I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading more books from this author in the future. ( )
  stacejb | Sep 4, 2014 |

Having exhausted all the conventional ways to meet her ‘Mr Right’ (and because now she really is a little bit desperate), Fleur Summers turns to her well-meaning, but eccentric friends and family for help.

From ‘Man Mountain’; an engineer who eats everything in sight and tall dark handsome Tom with big hands but no idea how to use them, to the mysterious and brooding Henry Austin. Follow the trials and tribulations of Fleur’s journey as she works her way through a number of eventful blind dates, all in the name of finding true love.

Dispatches from the Dating Zone is the British, racy romantic comedy novel from KT Valentine

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

K T Valentine's book Dispatches from the Dating Zone was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

K T Valentine is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,645,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible