Legion: Skin Deep by Brandon Sanderson

Legion: Skin Deep

by Brandon Sanderson

Series: Legion (2)

Not as great as the first one, but a bit longer, and fleshes out the concept nicely. ( )
  _rixx_ | Aug 30, 2018 |
Entertaining , but I didn't like the ending with how he dealt with Zen and also Stephen got a new aspect of a husband of a current aspect and was shocked to see the Husband but we never went back to deal with with this new situation apart from that it was a good read.Will be reading the next one ( )
  Eclipse777 | Jun 2, 2018 |
Another entertaining outing with Stephen Leeds and his aspects successfully solving another mystery.

Not much to say about the actual story itself except we learn a lot more about what makes Mr. Leeds' mind (and his aspects) tick. The one major draw for me is the mystery itself, and how the author sprinkles clues from beginning to end the lead to solving the case, almost like classic Agatha Christie. It makes it seem like the reader is one of the main character's aspects.

I sure hope the author continues this series just to see if the back story ever gets resolved. ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 7, 2018 |
Longer then the first one. Not much new on the "aspects" side, but what we get of them is that things are looking bleak for the future. Too bad this wasn't a novel length book as this side would have been properly explored for sure. The main story was less interesting than the first one, but I like the format. It's almost "Sherlock Holmes-y" ( )
  kinwolf | Sep 24, 2017 |
I did my best to power through these books, and it was quite a challenge. For as short as they are, they sure are boring and dreadful. Everything that happened in this book was either dull or convenient.

The end of this book is probably the most convenient and cringey thing I've ever read. I didn't learn a single thing from this book, and I sure didn't enjoy it. I hope some other works from Brandon Sanderson are more enjoyable than this series. ( )
  Vanessah_Baker | Sep 7, 2017 |

Brandon Sandersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Foster, JonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wyman, OliverNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"What's her angle?" Ivy asked, walking around the table with her arms folded.

It's not his own genius that Stephen Leeds gets hired for. Clients want to tap into the imaginary experts that populate his mind—and it's getting a bit crowded in there.

Now Stephen and his internal team of "aspects" have been hired to track down a stolen corpse—but it's not the corpse that's important, it's what the corpse knows. The biotechnology company he worked for believes he encoded top-secret information in his DNA before he died, and if it falls into the wrong hands, that will mean disaster.

Meanwhile, Stephen's uneasy peace with his own hallucinations is beginning to fray at the edges, as he strives to understand how one of them could possibly have used Stephen's hand to shoot a real gun during the previous case. And some of those hallucinations think they know better than Stephen just how many aspects his mind should make room for. How long will he be able to hold himself together?

"Stephen Leeds, AKA "Legion," is a man whose unique mental condition allows him to generate a multitude of personae: hallucinatory entities with a wide variety of personal characteristics and a vast array of highly specialized skills. As the new story begins, Leeds and his "aspects" are hired by I3 (Innovative Information Incorporated) to recover a corpse stolen from the local morgue. But there's a catch. The corpse is that of a pioneer in the field of experimental biotechnology, a man whose work concerned the use of the human body as a massive storage device. He may have embedded something in the cells of his now dead body. And that something might be dangerous" --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,838,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible