Memoria fulgerului

Memoria fulgerului

113,689,591 (1)None
Recently added byyigru.zeltil

No tags.

Smalltown late neomodernists are a dime a dozen - and, as far as I can tell from this book, Geo Galetaru is no exception.

Language needs to be refreshed all the time in poetry - that's the way it is, especially since the beginning of modernity, and being phased out as a poet does not eliminate your chances of writing valuable poetry, but it certainly does not enable you to avoid easily cliches and, in general, the traps of rhetoric that come with a style once it is already established.

This is the first time I read Galetaru and, although he claims to have about 10 or more volumes under his belt, his latest volume of poetry does not seem (at least for me) to bear any personal style - aside thin abstractions that throw in scraps of romanticist vision (trying to copy the atmosphere of Eminescu in blank verse does not prove in this case to be a good idea) and quasi-modernist vision (death and void are often mentioned or alluded to, but very rarely does the poet seem actually haunted as such) at random.

Around Timișoara and Arad there seem to be a lot of fine poets that I manage to stumble upon, some of them convincing upon reading even if not following a recent trend. Unfortunately for Galetaru, I must say I am terribly disappointed. ( )
  yigru.zeltil | Aug 24, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,621,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible