Given to the Savage by Natasha Knight

Given to the Savage

by Natasha Knight

821,035,133 (3.3)None

***I received a complimentary ARC of this book from the publisher, through Netgalley.com, in exchange for honest feedback.***

Rowan was born as a "breeder" and will be forced to produce as many children as possible. Most of the population has become sterile so her ability to have children is necessary to keep the population going.

In comes Silas, who agrees to take Rowan to his settlement and produce at least 2 more breeder children in exchange for much needed supplies for his settlement. He needs to have more children for other reasons he cannot to divulge to Rowan.

So well written and so compact. I loved the kinky medical stuff, the arousing punishments and anal play. The chemistry between the 2 was awesome! ( )
  lowekel | Feb 1, 2016 |
All in all I did not enjoy this novel as much as I had hoped I would.

The sex was boring, the spankings annoyed me because they didn't make sense or were accompanied by unrealistic threats, the anal was okay, the elements of bdsm all over the place, like it couldn't make up its mind what kind of bsdm elements it wanted to use, the breeding was glossed over, the medical was good, and the romance too much and too flowery and too violin orchestra and too sudden and too instantly wet, and in short the savage turned out to be a mix between an upstanding citizen and a confused bdsm amateur dom.
Sigh.
But that was not the worst of it.

The worst of it was that the premise seemed severely flawed.
It is my understanding that when a meteor strikes earth all that will be left is rodents or ants or some such type of beastie. Not in this book. In this book there is some sort of pollution problem that leaves the population unfertile except for a few genetic mutants who have conveniently developed slanted pupils (Um? How can round pupils be slanted? They must be catlike pupils then?) so they are easily identified.
Of course these women (Um? Why is it only women that have this?) must be seized and kept in excellent conditions, right? Nope. Lock 'm up and put in a sadist staff member to take 'care' of them, and who even manages to get a few of them killed because they were 'wayward', and on top of that, they have a death penalty for the extremely or continuously 'unwilling'.
Also, in their captivity, the female main character's mother has found time and opportunity to teach her daughter everything there is to know about herbs and their healing qualities, because there is a herb garden in the compound. ( )
  Bluerabella | Dec 14, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,402,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible