Daily DASH for Weight Loss: A Day-By-Day…

Daily DASH for Weight Loss: A Day-By-Day DASH Diet Weight Loss Plan

by Rockridge Press

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My husband's doctor wanted him to go on the DASH diet, and my immediate thought was that a special diet = elaborate preparation. This book did a great job of proving me wrong. The recipe section is filled with tempting, straightforward recipes that don't include crazy ingredients or huge prep time. Most of the recipes were only a page long. I can't wait to try the Coconut Rice Pudding; the Spring Vegetable Frittata; and the Blue Cheese, Endive, and Apple Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette (the name of the dish is almost as long as the rest of the recipe). The first two sections of the book provide useful tables to help you get started and on track for success. ( )
  MSBlog_Mom | Feb 8, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a great read.Since it was on my E-reader I found it easy to take with me to the Kitchen to do some of the recipes in there. Since my husband has really high blood pressure I was excited to read this book and it didn't disappoint. Not only did it have the heart health dash diet basics it also had how I could lose weight while using this Heart healthy diet. I will be going back to this book to get the great day to day laid out meal plans and recipes. ( )
  apejer112 | Feb 4, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book covers the basics of the DASH diet and how to use it to loose weight. It is not a quick fix or fad diet, but requires planning and actually cooking on the part of the dieter. The recipes sound good and lots of information is included on weight loss and blood pressure. ( )
  rsps | Feb 2, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received an e-book of Daily DASH for Weight Loss for review. I very much enjoyed this edition; found it to be very informative and feel it would be easy to implement. The recipes seem very do-able and satisfying. I found this edition lacking pictures of the recipes which I feel would be helpful to the readers, and would certainly add eye-appeal to the book. ( )
  AnnieMNH | Jan 28, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Individuals experiencing their first exposure to weight loss will find good basic information. Part 1 covers diet basics and details concerning the Dash Diet. Each chapter in Part 2 begins with a list of suggested recipes for a topic. The recipes include preparation time, calories, and grams for fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrates, fiber, and protein. The actual grams will vary depending upon ingredients used. There is also a missed opportunity to demonstrate how readers should prepare meals and freeze the meals for later consumption. A general and recipe index is provided. Rockridge Press has published several diet books with basic health information, diet plans, and recipe suggestions. ( )
  bemislibrary | Jan 19, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Rockridge Press's book Daily Dash for Weight Loss: A Day-By-Day Dash Diet Weight Loss Plan was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,969,459 books! | Top bar: Always visible