Revolutions of Terror by Nick Abadzis

Natasha and I go to the library pretty often. One of us checks out graphic novels (sometimes both of us), then we both read them. We also watch Doctor Who together, and when that's not on, Stranger Things or Star Trek: The Next Generation. We are predictable like that, and easy to please. I was pleased, she hasn't caught up yet.

Library copy ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 16, 2016 |
A fun read suited to any DW fan 8 ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
Well, for fans of the Tenth Doctor, this is going to be a pleasant surprise. I wasn't quite sure what to expect going into a comic book adventure for 10, but I've got to tell you, Nick Abadzis captured 10's quirks and characteristics perfectly; his turns of phrases and catchphrases that we're all familiar with are there. I could here David Tennant's voice the entire time. Gabby makes for a decent companion, although I don't know how she would have come across on screen; I think she may have been a little too annoying if acted out, but in the pages of the graphic novel, she works well as a companion for 10.

There are two stories collected in this volume. The first, "Revolutions of Terror", about a psychic horror that is infesting New York City, I could easily see working as an episode in the series. The monsters are great, 10 is as clever as always, and Gabriella really steps up and becomes the companion that 10 could use after Donna (this all takes place after the end of Series 4, after episodes "The Stolen Earth" and "Journey's End". The second story, "The Arts in Space", where 10 takes Gabriella on her fist outing in the TARDIS, lands them in an adventure that is told more from her point of view; the Doctor and Gabriella visit an art museum and when the Doctor goes to visit one of his artist friends, they discover that her apprentice thinks that Gabriella is trying to become the new apprentice, and tries to kill them. This story didn't seem to work nearly as well; I know this was to establish Gabriella as a character and to see things from her perspective, but it just didn't click for me.

I'll be picking up the subsequent collected editions, as it's nice to see 10 having adventures again. Off to look for the other collections of 9, 11, & 12 now! ( )
  tapestry100 | Jun 22, 2015 |

Nick Abadzisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Casagrande, ElenaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 178276173X, Hardcover)

THE TENTH DOCTOR IS BACK, IN AN ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES! NEW COMPANION! NEW FOES! UNFORGETTABLE NEW HORIZONS! ALLONS-Y!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:15 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,921,513 books! | Top bar: Always visible