After Life by Al Ewing

After Life

by Al Ewing, Boo Cook (Illustrator), Simon Fraser (Illustrator), Rob Williams (Author)

Surely I would have gotten started on Doctor Who if I didn't have kids making me watch it, right? Sometimes I just feel appallingly out of it. But not when I'm reading or watching the Doctor; then I feel out of it in an amusingly clueless way. Sure, bowties and fezzes are cool. How does anyone ever survive their own parents?

Library copy ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 16, 2016 |
Even though Matt Smith is no longer the Doctor on the television show, this graphic novel series is a great way to have even more adventures with him as the Doctor! ( )
  amyghilton | Jul 27, 2016 |
Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this volume nearly as much as I did the first volume for Ten. This one isn't necessarily bad, it just didn't seem to hit its stride for me. Eleven is written well, and I could easily hear his voice in my head the entire time, but he looked more or less like a caricature of himself thru most of volume. Including an underlying mystery that was present thru the first five issues was a nice touch and a nice nod to the television series, however, it felt way too rushed (although that may have simply been a result of reading all five issues in one sitting, without having the month in between the issues when they were being originally released).

While I enjoyed Ten's volume so much more, this was still a fun read, and I'll definitely be picking up the subsequent volumes and follow along with Eleven on his future adventures. ( )
  tapestry100 | Jul 13, 2015 |

Al Ewingprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cook, BooIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fraser, SimonIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, RobAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,052,646 books! | Top bar: Always visible