In Your Eyes (The Mates Series Book 3) by…

In Your Eyes (The Mates Series Book 3)

by Cardeno C.

Recently added byToniFGMAMTC, imayb1, DreZ, Bugetta

First I have to say that these book covers are perfect for this series. They do a great job of transforming the words of the story into a picture.

Since this is the third book of the series, I'm more familiar with how things work in this shifter world and how things are for true mates.

In Your Eyes is the story of Samuel and Korban. Although it's told from Samuel's POV, Korban is my favorite. Actually he is probably my favorite of all the characters from the Mates series. He is so sweet, empathetic, kind, considerate, understanding, compassionate, easy going, friendly, light-hearted, selfless—really I could just go on and on. Samuel is smart, strict, OCD, all business, distant.

From the very beginning, they know something is different when they are around each other. For Samuel, someone that doesn't do well with the unknown, it's a scary thing."Samuel," he said quietly.
I looked back at him over my shoulder.
"It's going to be fine."
I had no idea what he meant, but then I never seemed to know what he meant.
"Maybe not right now, but eventually, it'll be fine."
My confusion obviously showed on my face, because he smiled once again, this one gentle and understanding.
"I promise. I'll take care of things. No matter what, you'll be fine."

Since they belong to neighboring packs, they don't spend time together daily. Whenever the opportunity presents itself to socialize, Korban is all about being near Samuel, but Samuel just doesn't know how to handle it. If Samuel where a real-life person with all his advanced intelligence, fixations on things being correct and aversion to human contact, he would most likely be diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and possibly even Sensory Processing Disorder. Korban is older and bigger but has the patience of a saint so they are obviously the yin to other's yang.

After all this focus on the difficulties Samuel has, we then find out what an angel Korban is because he has had a super crappy upbringing and has never thought twice about it. If you could look inside his brain, it would pretty much be the word "Samuel" floating around bouncing off the inner walls of his skull.

Oh, and their dads are enemies, and they get dragged into the fight. Drama and heartache, check. There are also small bits or mentions of the previous true mates. Overall I enjoyed reading this series. I especially loved Korban's playfulness and the sexy scenes.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/08/in-your-eyes-by-cardeno-... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

I looked back at him over my shoulder.
"It's going to be fine."
I had no idea what he meant, but then I never seemed to know what he meant.
"Maybe not right now, but eventually, it'll be fine."
"I promise. I'll take care of things. No matter what, you'll be fine."

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,365,359 books! | Top bar: Always visible