Sleigh Ride (Minnesota Christmas Book 2) by…

Sleigh Ride (Minnesota Christmas Book 2)

by Heidi Cullinan

2014 (1) 2015 (5) 2016 (1) Adult Romance (1) bdsm (1) Christmas (3) ebook (2) emotional (1) favorites (2) fiction (3) Gabriel (1) gay (2) Kindle (1) leb (1) lgbt (2) LGBTQ (1) m-m (4) m-m-romance (1) made-me-laugh (1) MM (2) part-of-a-series (1) queer interest (1) read (3) romance (6) Samhain Publishing (1) sappy romance (1) series (2) signed (1) talk (1) to-read (5)

Another in Cullinan's Minnesota Christmas series. Arthur has always thought he wasn't a relationship guy. Gabriel has given up looking for one. When the two of them are thrown together over fundraising for the library where Gabriel works, they surprise each other by being attracted to each other. And then we get the usual wonderful playing out of premise I've come to expect from Cullinan, complete with substantive feelings well explored, friendship as a cornerstone of men's lives, and a setting fully realized. Of the three Minnesota Christmas books I've read, I think this one is the best, in that it feels fully complete, with no threads dangling and no pieces feeling not quite fleshed out enough. But I think I like [Winter Wonderland] best. ( )
  lycomayflower | Dec 19, 2016 |
4.5 stars. (3.5 for the story, 4 for the heat, and 5 for exploring characters in the context of gay bear/geek, brain/brawn, and D/s interplay in a small town)

Similar to the preceding, first book in this series, this is romantic story with plenty of erotic heat. The author includes a bit of an exploration of the way gender/masculine roles interplay with the gay, small town experience.

I normally avoid romance stories that involve BDSM, as I found they generally seem very off-the-mark compared to my years of personal experience in "the Scene." This title is different, being the first I've read that doesn't simply throw in a little pseudo-domination, force, non-consent, or pain labelled as BDSM for titillation's sake, but instead presents motivations, desires, and at least some self/partner negotiations that ring true for at least part of the "real-life" BDSM community.

Also, the "submissive" librarian included preachy (in a very good way for me) strength and patience while the detached, strong "Dominant" character had his own vulnerabilities. The biggest "kink" critique I would make is the first physical encounter turned into "non-consensual, forced" role play that would normally requires a level of trust and understanding the two hadn't developed. ( )
  LocoLibros | Mar 28, 2016 |
I think this just wasn't a story for me. I didn't even really like Arthur. He just wasn't I pictured as a good match for someone like Gabriel. Maybe my problem was I didn't read the first book in the series so I'm not real sure of the dynamics of the relationship of everyone involved. I've read other books by this author and had no issues.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | Nov 5, 2014 |

The way to a man’s heart is on a sleigh.

Minnesota Christmas, Book 2

Arthur Anderson doesn’t want anything to do with love and romance, and he certainly doesn’t want to play Santa in his mother’s library fundraising scheme. He knows full well what she really wants is to hook him up with the town’s lanky, prissy librarian.

It’s clear Gabriel Higgins doesn’t want him, either—as a Santa, as a boyfriend, as anyone at all. But when Arthur’s efforts to wiggle out of the fundraiser lead to getting to know the man behind the storytime idol, he can’t help but be charmed. The least he can do is be neighborly and help Gabriel find a few local friends.

As their fiery arguments strike hotter sparks, two men who insist they don’t date wind up doing an awful lot of dating. And it looks like the sleigh they both tried not to board could send them jingling all the way to happily ever after.
Product Warnings

Contains a feisty librarian, a boorish bear, small town politics, deer sausage, and a boy who wants a doll.
[Samhain]

Heidi Cullinan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,077,008 books! | Top bar: Always visible