The Firefighter and the Pyro

The Firefighter and the Pyro

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added bygigi9988776

You get a lot for your money with this one, [b:The Firefighter and the Pyro|22600232|The Firefighter and the Pyro|Nix Knox|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1404005008s/22600232.jpg|42085430] by [a:Nix Knox|7303565|Nix Knox|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1405357009p2/7303565.jpg]! It was a mystery, a romance, a BDSM thrill ride, a sweet and touching love story, a firefighter on the job tale, a comedy and a drama all wrapped into one. While some parts of the story definitely interested me more than the others, I was never bored and was easily able to follow along with all the technical information about the arson investigation.

Two things really stood out for me while reading this story. 1. Both MCs, firefighter Derek Mercer and State Arson Investigator Zander Tam, were shown through an unfiltered lens that showed every one of their many flaws. And really? That just made me love each one of them more, which is actually unusual for me. I tend to prefer my heroes on the straight and narrow with a little bit of perfection thrown in. 2. Before these two MCs decided to start a physical relationship, they talked and talked and talked about it, weighing the pros and cons. I was getting nervous, thinking the sex was going to be lifeless and scripted because of this, but this actually set up a pattern for these men to be incredibly open and honest with each other throughout their entire relationship which was delightful to watch unfold and made the sex INCREDIBLY hot. Boy oh boy, there are a few scorching scenes in here!

This is a great story with well fleshed out, fascinating MCs and a compelling story line, but it did suffer just a bit from weaker secondary characters and too many obvious plot twists. Very minor flaws, but enough to drop a star. If GoodReads ever goes the way of the half-star, my rating would be a 4.5. This story was a delight and I am anxious to read more from this author!

I can HIGHLY recommend [b:The Firefighter and the Pyro|22600232|The Firefighter and the Pyro|Nix Knox|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1404005008s/22600232.jpg|42085430] to all fans of a good old fashion M/M romance. There's drama and angst and romance and a HEA made of caramelized sugar.

gigi9988776 | Aug 25, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,178,544 books! | Top bar: Always visible