Carte Blanche by Nash Summers

Carte Blanche

by Nash Summers

91950,433 (4.25)None

It is difficult for me to imagine what it's like to have OCD, or social anxiety disorder and I imagine having both at the same time would make life very difficult and lonely indeed. In this story, Jude suffers from both and would have probably remained alone without help from Devon, a new neighbor across the hall from his apartment. Devon is not only determined to pull Jude out of his shell, he is also very clever about how he does it.

I loved the slow pace of this story and the descriptions of what goes on in Jude's head as he gradually becomes more conscious of what is driving him and what he wants to do. I cheered him on as he discovered one new thing after another. He became like a real person to me, and I admire Nash Summers for the way that was done. This is a very touching story about Jude finding himself, finally growing up, and getting what he really wants.

If you like quiet stories about men who have to fight for the things most of us take for granted, like friendship and love, and if you're looking for a touching, heartwarming read about one man's journey to freedom from his inner demons, then you should give this free story a try. I totally loved it! ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,656,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible