A Fighting Man (Men of Manhattan, #3) by…

A Fighting Man (Men of Manhattan, #3)

by Sandrine Gasq-Dion

91950,433 (3.5)None

Updated May 16, 2016: Wow, great ratings for this book! I'm glad, but I need to add this one to my everyone liked it but me shelf. I'm glad for the book, but bummed out for me! This really should have been a book I liked. I'll have to tuck this one away for another day.

This is the third in the Men of Manhattan series by [a:Sandrine Gasq-Dion|5619151|Sandrine Gasq-Dion|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1359074026p2/5619151.jpg]. I read the first book [b:A Betting Man|17729973|A Betting Man (Men of Manhattan, #1)|Sandrine Gasq-Dion|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1366248496s/17729973.jpg|24802622] and enjoyed it, but not enough to read the second book [b:A Marrying Man|18192323|A Marrying Man (Men of Manhattan, #2)|Sandrine Gasq-Dion|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1373741099s/18192323.jpg|25597193]. The reason I decided to read this book was because of the military component.

The book started out fine, with cool, collected Casper Kennedy successfully avoiding über charming Army Ranger Slater Cassidy's many attempts to woo him. The back-and-forth was light and fun and set the book up to be a light and fun read. But then the tables turned and shit got real and serious and I just wasn't prepared for it with these characters. Maybe if I had known going in I would have felt differently because I'm a big hurt/comfort junkie, but this book just didn't work for me as it was presented.

If you can handle the big change in character personalities mid-way through the book, I can recommend this one if you enjoy military and hurt/comfort angst. Otherwise, I'd look elsewhere. ( )
  gigi9988776 | Aug 25, 2014 |
added by gsc55 | editHearts on Fire, Wendy (Jul 3, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editJoyfully Jay, Crissy (Jun 17, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editMM Good Book Reviews, Tams (May 21, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editThe Novel Approach, Tina (May 19, 2014)

Army Ranger Slater Cassidy has a very special – very sexy – target in his sights. Meeting gorgeous, smart, uber-snarky Casper Kennedy was the highlight of Slater’s last trip home to New York. The soldier in him carefully plans his conquest. Unfortunately, Casper’s wearing some seriously strong armor and Slater’s charm offensives bounce right off. Casper’s refusal to fall for him is puzzling – not to mention incredibly annoying. When Slater gets leave again after grueling back-to-back tours in Afghanistan, all he wants is another shot at wooing Casper. He jumps right into the battle for the other man’s heart, but Casper does not intend to entertain the troops. A heartbreaking revelation changes the rules of romantic warfare, and Slater suddenly realizes he doesn’t just want Casper. He wants to capture his heart, too.

Casper Kennedy is fighting a losing battle. A certain outrageously demonstrative Army Ranger has been a thorn in his side since his last trip home – and the main character in his steamiest dreams. Now he’s back. He launches an all-out sensual assault and no matter how hard Casper pushes Slater away, the man somehow manages to inch closer. So close, in fact, that Casper’s once-impenetrable defenses are in danger of collapsing. Should he throw up the white flag and take a chance at love? Or start firing back and keep his heart protected? When the handsome Ranger shows his true colors, Casper just might have to surrender the fight. [WildeCity]

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,310,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible