Start Something New by J. Rocci

Start Something New

by J. Rocci

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added bySerenaYates, gigi9988776

Ridley's idea of joining an HOA and getting a dog to help him "settle down" and have a quiet life made me grin. While the suggestion came from friends (and possibly his slightly pushy brother), Ridley seemed to have followed it easily enough. "Never gonna work," I thought to myself, and right from the very beginning, what happens is anything but the settled down life Ridley was supposed to be looking for.

His dog has a mind of her own, chewing and destroying everything in sight. The HOA president is after Ridley for some forms, and then then there's the block party to think of. Ridley seems a little overwhelmed by it all, but when he meets one of his neighbors, Brett, things very quickly turn very clear.

The two of them both fumble their way through the initial phases, and made me smile with how eager they seemed to get the slightly awkward beginning over with. When they start planning the setup of "attack gnomes" in Brett's garden, I laughed out loud.

If you like sweet stories about hesitant beginnings, if you enjoy reading about slightly socially awkward men who still seem to manage to get to what's important to them gratifyingly quickly, and if you're looking for a fun, hot read, then you will probably like this short story.

NOTE: This book was provided by Torquere Press for the purpose of a review. ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,314,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible