A Beautiful Lie

A Beautiful Lie

531,436,638 (3.33)None
Recently added byknotbox, DreZ, gigi9988776

I couldn't decide between 3 or 4 stars, but I'm going with 3 because I just don't think with all of the secrets/lies that came out that this story would just resolve so perfectly and quickly. I can't see Joslyn being the perfect mother at such a young age and not being at all angry with Trip. And for Trip to just all of a sudden find out that Jeremy was his son and be ok with that and have all of his fatherly instincts just kick-in in a heartbeat of finding out he's a dad, and to also forgive Joslyn so quickly... I can't see that happening. And Jeremy just accepting Trip as his Dad with no issues?! I hated how bratty and obnoxious Eric was being too. How old is he?! Could he have been anymore petty? And everyone forgiving Joslyn or not saying what they really wanted to her because he was ill was sh!tty too! I don't know... with all of the BS and lies being told in this story between BFFs and/or family members, I don't see how everyone just lived HEA in no time like nothing happened. ( )
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |

I picked up this book from Evernight Publishing because the blurb sounded interesting, [a:Tyler Robbins|6177432|Tyler Robbins|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1362435270p2/6177432.jpg] is an author I am familiar with and enjoy and Evernight Publishing usually publishes shorter, under 100 pages stories and I wanted something short to read after finishing [a:Amy Lane|151973|Amy Lane|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1362545027p2/151973.jpg]'s incredible [b:Racing for the Sun|17700033|Racing for the Sun|Amy Lane|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1364528086s/17700033.jpg|24744064]. I was playing guinea pig as there were no other reviews to go on, but I'm good with that and will do that from time to time, no problem. So imagine my surprise when about half way through this book (it doesn't have an official page count, but it comes in at over 200 pages) I realized I had a gem on my hands! I absolutely loved this book!

[b:A Beautiful Lie|17861613|A Beautiful Lie|Tyler Robbins|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1367277521s/17861613.jpg|25007819] is the story of two parentless sets of siblings, Jesse and Joss Reagan and Eric and Trip Cantrell. The four have been friends since they were kids and have recently come together to provide support for Joss who has an aggressive form of cancer and a five year old son, Jeremy, with no father in the picture. It's all a big 'ol soap opera as Jesse and Trip fall in love and try to keep their feelings for one another hidden from their siblings. There are a lot of secrets and lies they are keeping from each other, and because I had next to no knowledge of this book, it was extra delicious for me to watch them unfold without spoilers.

If you enjoy a sexy read with real, emotional characters, a messy, tangled web of lies, romance, passion and heaps and heaps of angst, I can HIGHLY RECOMMEND [b:A Beautiful Lie|16085614|A Beautiful Lie (Playing With Fire, #1)|T.E. Sivec|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1353512580s/16085614.jpg|21887421] to you. And if that weren't good enough, my favorite thing? A "one year later" epilogue that was worthy of throwing your arms in the air and singing with joy. I just love when that happens! ( )
  gigi9988776 | Aug 25, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,856,161 books! | Top bar: Always visible