The Blue Diamond: The Razor's Edge by PS…
441,664,912 (4.75)None

In the final installment of The Razor's Adventures Pirate Tales, Ivory finds herself with a bounty on her head and a tugging at her heart! I admit, I was thrown off with the storyline and I feared I'd read the books out of order. Then I realized there was a significant change- and I won't say how or why for fear of giving SPOILERS! I am, however, thinking things in the world of pirates don't last!

Anyway, the story begins with Ivory, sunburned and dehydrated. She's found and nursed back to health... for a reason and by a mysterious man... a well-known man. She is to be turned over for a large amount of money due to her activity and the taking and remodeling of The Blue Diamond, her grand vessel.

​ This book was huge and full of new adventures. The cousins are running men on another ship and things seem to be where the females are running it! But at a cost and none of it seems to consistently play in their favor. AND there's a bit of humping around! This story is different from the others but still a great story! I also felt the romance between Ivory and her new love happened really fast- considering I was just reading of her with Rasmus and how she'd fallen in love with the greatest man on the high seas!📚
​Rating: 👓👓👓👓/5 specs
So there you have it, and there you are! You now know what I know- this series is fun, grown-up and even romantic (borderline R-rated) LOL Check out The Razor's Pirate Adventures (The Razor's Edge) series!

**Book series from author for an honest review. ( )
  AReneeHunt | Feb 12, 2016 |
How do you write a review for your own book? I honestly don't know what to say other than I believe if you enjoy historical romance, and action and adventure, you will find what you're looking for in this book. Here is an article I wrote to explain how much this story means to me:

Ivory and Me by P.S. Bartlett

Ivory Shepard is the protagonist in my newest book, The Blue Diamond – The Razor’s Edge. I don’t know how she found me but oh I’m so glad she did. Ivory is what I suppose I’ll call, the walking wounded. She’s had a life of tragedy and struggle and has gone through an evolution in only a few short years, that most people could hardly imagine in a lifetime and yet she’s come out the other side…still wounded but bandaged up by a mission to keep moving forward.
You see Ivory and her cousins came to America when they were children, with their elder great aunt and uncle and settled in a lovely manor in what was Charles Towne, South Carolina. The town was just beginning to boom and develop but they were repeatedly under attack by the Spanish as well as privateers and pirates. Unfortunately, most of the town’s development took place on the peninsula, which was fortified and protected but Ivory’s aunt and uncle chose to stay in their lovely manor near the Ashley River and one night, they paid dearly for that choice.

Imagine if you will, four young girls under the age of fourteen, orphaned and alone. No home, no family and only each other to lean on in order to survive. Ivory being the eldest, took on the role of provider and protector. It was a role she was born to play. Being a resourceful group, they found work as housemaids and kitchen workers in the wealthier homes in Charles Towne but that wasn’t the life Ivory wanted for them. By the time they were in their late teens, they’d managed to save enough money to purchase a small farm, back over in the danger zone, away from the fortified peninsula but since the girls were already passing the age of when they’d be expected to marry and have children, they wanted to be as far from not so polite society as possible.

The last thing any of them wanted was the traditional life of a southern lady.
Ivory knew the risks. She’d been leading somewhat of a double life and prepared her cousins for what may come by arming them, teaching them to fight and constantly reminding them of what they stood to lose if they didn’t defend themselves. Although they were getting along well on the farm and pulling in a decent living, somehow she knew their days in Charles Towne were numbered and she was right.

You see, Ivory may have been born a pirate or the devastation she saw and went through the night of the Spanish raid flipped a switch in her, as tragedy often does, that pushed her protective instincts into overdrive. Maybe she was always destined to become a pirate? Maybe leaving Charles Towne and striking out on an adventure into a new life was their destiny? However, you can’t just wake up one morning, pick up a razor and slit someone’s throat who wants to slit yours. That kind of grit takes time and internal damage that no matter how well you hide it, it eventually finds its way out.

Ivory was my muse throughout this book. Finding all of the pain and strength from the pain inside of her and then looking deeper to find even more was like opening a gift every time I worked on this book. Unravelling her and finding those tender spots and that big, fat, pounding heart of hers was so satisfying that I didn’t think I would ever stop. Putting a man in her path who could finally be worthy of her love was no easy task either but he had to be just the right one. Attractive enough to catch her eye but he too had to have his own demons and hidden pain. She needed to be able to understand him and not just fall over at the sight of him. He had to prove himself worthy of her attention and above all, her love.

Ivory and I became very good friends and I absolutely adore her cousins as well. They might as well be sisters because they were raised as such but each one gives her something she is missing in return for her protection, loyalty and love. Sisterhood is a beautiful thing and unless you have those symbiotic relationships with other women, it may be hard to understand. I hope every woman who reads this book sees their friends or sisters in Miranda, Cass and Keara. They are all four so different but fit together perfectly. The real truth is, I know these three women in real life. They are the virtual embodiment of my three closest female “sisters.” Shhhh…don’t tell them! I often describe this story as Charlie’s Angels meets Pirates of the Caribbean but after catching an episode of Sex and the City recently, I’m inclined to think they more closely resemble these four ladies.

So, I suppose for a while, I was the virtual embodiment of Ivory. I wanted to be her. I climbed inside of her world and felt her pain, her passion, her vulnerability and above all her attachment to her cousins. I even felt her disappointment in the man she was falling in love with against her better judgment. The ties that bound her were more about the shackles in her own spirit than actual binds. Her nightmares were real and when taken away from her duties, she lost that part of herself for a while where she always had to maintain control but now I must stop because if I don’t, I’ll give too much of her away and leave you with no mystery at all.

I can’t wait to meet up with Ivory again soon. I’m anxious to find out what’s next for us—I mean her in the next book!
  AuthorPSBartlett | Jun 11, 2015 |
Book Description.....

"When four spirited young women
find themselves orphaned and alone in an unforgiving world, they are forced to
defend not only their honor but their very lives. Ivory Shepard, has made a name for herself as the notorious pirate "Ivory Razor," while she and her handy cousins; Cass, Keara and Miranda are building a life in Port Royal, Jamaica. When she takes a merchant ship and finds a bag full of rare diamonds, including one very large blue one, she never imagined she'd end up captured and held prisoner by a rival pirate.

Maddox Carbonale aka "Blacksnake" intends to collect a fifty thousand pound bounty on her head and earn a pardon in the process, until a fiery attraction ignites between them. Regardless of their first passionate night together, by the time the sun rises the next morning, Ivory is reminded why she trusts no one and she's left wondering if her fate is sealed due to Blacksnake's greed or Maddox's wounded ego.

Ultimately unable to deny his feelings for her, Maddox offers his loyalty and his guns. but no one can take anything from Ivory Shepard that she doesn't want to give; certainly not her freedom, and most of all, her heart.

Will she prove she can have it all on her own terms; the man, the blue diamond and her freedom?"

Title: The Blue Diamond: The Razor's Edge
Author: P.S. Bartlett
Publisher: Libertine Press/Ravenswood Publishing
Series: The Razor's Edge #1
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Review:

"The Blue Diamond: The Razor's Edge" By P.S. Bartlett

What I liked from this novel.....

"The Blue Diamond: The Razor's Edge" was captivating from all of its historic adventures and pirates and even a women pirates in this romantic story. This author really knows how to hold and keep your attention turning the pages as you will be caught up in this storyline about what is going on with these pirates. You will find some were good and some weren't good pirates. You will have to pick up this good read to see just who is who! I found all of the characters for the most part being so well developed, well portrayed as well as believable especially the heroine and hero when these two pirates captains meet and their adventure begins. I only wished the ending would have had an epilogue so we could have known what was going to happen next for these two Pirate Captains but I guess that will be for another read. Would I recommend? If you are into romantic pirate reads....YES, this one would be recommended for YOU! ( )
1 vote arlenadean | Jan 8, 2015 |
I enjoyed the character of Captain Ivory Shepherd. For a female pirate she is not overly flamboyant and unrealistic. Attention is drawn because she is female. She is strong willed, spirited, logical and cunning, though her frailties show and the hidden emotions. You see the survivor and she makes no apology. As with all pirate books you have adventure, twist and turns.

The only con to the story was at times I felt we in the past with the appropriate dialog for a pirate and then it would change to a more current updated dialog. It teeter tottered back and forth. Though the story outweighed the con and I liked the fact this was a romance they had to work for, not a whirlwind. The ending caught me off guard, nice job.

This book was given to me for my honest opinion. ( )
1 vote JPrzy | Dec 11, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

PS Bartlett's book The Blue Diamond: The Razor's Edge was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

PS Bartlett is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,545,108 books! | Top bar: Always visible