This is Falling (Falling, #1) by Ginger…

This is Falling (Falling, #1)

by Ginger Scott

"I've only known him for about 48 hours, but I've thought about him for 47".

Yep, it's that kind of book. You know, one of those full of cliches and insta-love; some of it annoyed me, but in the end worked and I liked it.

The story doesn't have too much drama and it's kinda funny. Actually I don't get why there are so many reviews where people say that they cried reading this...

So this is not a masterpiece but it's ok if you like fluffy stories to pass the time.

PS: I think that Ty and Cass's story may have more potential, so I'll definitely read You And Everything After. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
I received this free eARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

I've been recommended this book so many times via Goodreads and it dawned on me that I got this a long time ago as an eARC...which is no longer advanced anymore...oops...

Anywho, I was really excited to read it finally, after realizing my dumb mistake, and dived right in after searching through 1400 eBooks. And I really enjoyed it! I loved the characters - Nate and Rowe are awesome and adorable and I just want to squeeze them!

Rowe is so timid and quiet and jumpy. Obviously things happened in her past that have made her this way, and when we found out what that was, my heart went out to her. She is so brave going to school thousands of miles away after her past and I'm so glad that she got paired up with Cass as her roommate. And she is slowly recovering and becoming the girl she used to be during this novel, which made me jump for joy with each hurdle she flew over!

Nate is amazing. He saw Rowe and knew that was it. She was it for him and he didn't give up his pursuit to have Rowe in the end. He also knew it was going to be a rough ride by the way she acted around him, but he was willing to wait with patience until that time came. And that is the most perfect thing about Nate: he wanted to wait. And Nate wanted to help Rowe through her issues. I absolutely love Nate and his personality. I'm so glad that Ginger Scott wrote this is dual point of view, because Nate's thoughts were fantastic to read.

I'm so glad that I finally got to read this book and I enjoyed it immensely! I think anyone who loves New Adult novels will devour this story and beg for more by the end, because they won't want to sever their connection with the characters (what I'm going through right now). So good! ( )
  JeracaFite | Jan 24, 2016 |
An absolute must read for everyone who enjoys NA! A beautifully heartwarming story of a young woman attempting to restart her life after suffering through a horrific event. The story and the characters are exquisite and you finish the book feeling as though you personally know them.

I highly recommend this to everyone! ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
a simple good read. story was like okay.. not an outstanding one, neither too bad :-) ( )
  MadihaJ | Jul 27, 2015 |

One day Rowe was a typical teenager, a student in high school with her boyfriend and her best friend, and the next day she was alone and shattered. For the past two years, she’s been a barely living, shaky breathing shell. College halfway across the country is a huge step, but she’s determined to take it, to reclaim the future that can never be what she expected. And she certainly doesn’t expect Nate Preeter.

The Verdict: I’m not usually a big fan of dual point-of-view, but this is one book in which seeing into both characters’ minds enhanced the story instead of ruining the surprise.

Rowe is still traumatized by a horrific event during her sophomore year of high school, and she’s spent the last two years holed up in her home with her parents, almost never venturing out and certainly avoiding anything even resembling a social life. Trying to take a big step in the right direction, she picks a college far from home, an apparent attempt to leave herself no choice but to move forward. And upon moving into her dorm, she meets one of the sweetest guys ever.

Nate is pretty damned incredible. He’s hot, of course, and a bit mischievous, but ultimate a good guy. He’s immediately interested in Rowe, but he also sees almost instantly that she’s carrying a heavy burden. Instead of pushing to find out what it is, he simply supports her, letting her find her own way. And that’s what made his character so amazing. He didn’t have some savior complex; he didn’t see her and feel that it was his responsibility to help her through things. He simply liked her a hell of a lot, despite the difficulties she was clearly having, and he stood by as she gained her footing.

What happened to Rowe really surprised me. It was made clear early that her best friend from high school had died and that the rather perfect high school sweetheart she had was gone, but it took a while for the story to reveal what had actually occurred. And given the subject matter, I think that was the right way to go about it. Whereas many books have wounded main characters constantly reliving their traumas through nightmares and a steady stream of comparisons between “before” and “after,” This is Falling lets it unfold slowly, giving the reader time to become invested more in the characters than in the background story. So often, the background story is revealed instantly or early on, and that’s what holds our interest before we even know the characters, allowing for a bit of a disconnect that carries throughout the story. But with Rowe, we get to know her first, see the world as it is now through her eyes, so when we learn the details about what brought her to this point, it’s all the more intense and emotional.

And all the secondary characters? They were a lot less two-dimensional and more interesting than usual. Cass with her immediate laid back acceptance and kindness… Paige with her mean girl façade that was pretty accurate — except when true strength of character was needed… And Ty, the wheelchair bound hottie who was anything but disabled.

This is Falling certainly isn’t the first college romance I’ve read in which the emotionally scarred girl is more or less revived by the cocky, persistent, soft-hearted guy, but it’s one of the more unique and definitely a step up from most. The journey was emotional and intense but somehow still happy and hopeful — I wish there were books out there like this! So I guess it goes without saying that I can’t wait to read the next book in the series. More Ty, please!

***FicCentral received this book from *the author* for free in exchange for an honest review. Even so, we're far too opinionated to let a freebie influence our thoughts or the contents of the reviews we post here. ( )
  ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |

College student Rowe Stanton does not know how to move on from a tragic event from her past that left her feeling like her heart had died. Baseball player Nate Preeter knows Rowe is not like other girls and is determined to show her how to feel again and to let her heart belong to someone else.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,582,665 books! | Top bar: Always visible