Undeniably Yours by Heather Webber

Info:Heather Webber
Collections:ebooks, Working on
Tags:Fic, Romance, Mystery, !Po, __make_cover, !import181127

Undeniably Yours by Heather Webber

I've been a big fan of Heather Webber since day one. My favourite series has always been, hands-down, the Lucy Valentine series about a woman born with the genetically inherited gift of seeing auras - a trait her family has used as professional matchmakers for generations. One day as a teen she's electrocuted and loses her gift. No longer able to see auras, she can now find lost objects, and as an adult she learns to manipulate this gift to find people's lost loves and missing children.

Webber's writing is undeniably cozy, but it's always got a depth that sneaks up and surprises you. Undeniably Yours is no exception; that cover might have you thinking rom-com, but it isn't at all. It starts with a missing investigative reporter; one with surprising ties to Lucy's best friend. This is a mystery first and foremost, one that leads to a very non-cozy plot and a not-at-all cozy ending, although Webber still ends the story on a high note.

There wasn't anything at all I didn't like about this book; it's excellent, well plotted and fast paced. The only reason I deducted half a star is for editing errors in the form of missing words. The book wasn't riddled with them, but there were enough to make it impossible to ignore. Webber self-published this 5th book, but those missing words are really the only evidence and I have big-pub books that are much worse.

I think this is the last book in this series she's published and if there aren't any more, it ends in a pretty o.k. place, but if Webber decides to take the series further I'm definitely on-board for another. ( )
  murderbydeath | Oct 10, 2016 |
It was two years between this and the previous book PERFECTLY MATCHED. I read the two, one after the other and wish I had another. The Valentines who make love matches....even if their own love life is hindered by "Cupid's curse" and finding lost loves. In this adventure a TV reporter disappears but not before dropping of a baby to Lucy's friend, Aiden, a cop, who was told was his daughter. Lucy and Sean become bruised and battered as the case is much more complex than a missing reporter. ( )
  dorisannn | Jan 7, 2015 |

"While still recuperating from injuries sustained in her previous case, the last thing psychic investigator Lucy Valentine wants is to dive into another job. But when Detective Lieutenant Aiden Holliday comes calling for help in finding a missing woman, saying no is not an option. TV journalist Kira Fitzpatrick has vanished without a trace. There's little for Lucy to go on except picking up Kira's current investigation where she left off. The fearless reporter had been close to cracking one of the year's biggest cases: the disappearance of a two-year-old boy. Now Lucy must use her abilities to find both of them. As she follows a twisted trail of lies and deceit, she uncovers a shocking twist to Kira's expose that someone is desperate to keep secret. It's a race against the clock as Lucy struggles to discover who's telling the truth ... and who's willing to kill to keep her from solving the case"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,689,233 books! | Top bar: Always visible