Daily Prayer for All Seasons [English…

Daily Prayer for All Seasons [English edition]

by The Standing Commission on World Mission

25None428,870NoneNone

No reviews

• Fresh new material for a daily prayer discipline
• Approved for use by the General Convention of the Episcopal Church
• Available in English and Spanish (separate volumes)

People in all kinds of religious traditions, including Judaism and Christianity, have been marking time with prayer for almost as long as we’ve divided the day into hours. “Praying the hours,” as it’s called, has always reminded us that God walks with us throughout each day; “praying the hours” is also a way that the community of faith comes together, whether we’re united all in one place or scattered like raindrops.

In the Episcopal Church, the Book of Common Prayer offers beautiful services for morning, noon, evening, and nighttime in a section called “The Daily Office” (pp 35-146). Daily Prayer for All Seasons offers a variation on that theme, where a complete service covers one or two pages, thereby eliminating the need to shuffle prayer books and hymnals. Daily Prayer for All Seasons works for individuals, small groups, and/or congregations. This prayer book presents a variety of images of God, uses inclusive and expansive language for and about God, and presents a rich variety of language, including poetry, meditation, and prayers from the broader community of faith.
For all Episcopalians - and others - interested in the daily office and praying the hours.

Episcopalians are bound together by prayer, and when we draw those prayers from our diverse traditions and cultures, we come closer to the heart of God. "Daily Prayer for All Seasons" gives us prayers, poems and meditations in many voices to mark the hours of the day and the seasons of the year. I am grateful to the leaders from across the Episcopal Church who have collaborated on this important new set of prayers for everyday life.

--The Rev. Gay Clark Jennings, president, House of Deputies of The Episcopal Church

A call to prayer that sounds through the hours of our days and nights, revealing God with us as the seasons turn. This generous book is simple and rich at the same time, full of beauty and shaped for use. May it open the prayer of those who pray alone and deepen the prayer of groups.

—Sara Miles, Director of Ministry, St. Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church, and the author of Take This Bread and City of God, San Francisco, California

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:18 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,137,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible