The Twits by Roald Dahl

The Twits (original 1980; edition 2007)

by Roald Dahl, Quentin Blake (Illustrator)

Member:Huge_Horror_Fan
Title:The Twits
Authors:Roald Dahl
Other authors:Quentin Blake (Illustrator)
Info:Puffin (2007), Paperback, 96 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Kids

The Twits by Roald Dahl (1980)

English (81)  Catalan (1)  All (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All (85)
I don't remember much about this, except that the Twits were pretty intriguing characters. ( )
  kemilyh1988 | Jan 16, 2017 |
While not his best book, [a lack of a plucky protagonist being this book's weakness] the Twits does show case how well Dahl can write a truly revolting antagonist.

I loved Dahl's books in elementary and I still love reading them now. I consider them timeless, IF you have the correct macabre type of humor. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
In my opinion this is a great book. One of the reasons I liked this book is because even though it was a chapter book, many of the pages still had pictures. This helped me connect to what I was reading because I was able to see pictures instead of just reading words. I also liked the book because of the detail about the characters and how well they were portrayed. It made it more interesting to read and I felt as if I knew the characters personally because a lot of their characteristics were over the top. ( )
  dberry6 | Oct 16, 2016 |
I really liked this book!

Even though it's not my favourite of Roald Dahl's, it's still up there as a total and utter classic. I loved the way he described the Twits, the depth, the details he added to what was in Mr. Twit's beard. And the illustrations from Quentin Blake, the style of them, in particular, just added to the whole novel.

I love that Dahl has a really nice balance of being serious and self-aware, and totally silly and hilarious. He speaks about the intelligence of children in a really respectful way, and can create age-appropriate references to some more sombre topics, which I don't think is easy to do.

Another classic from Roald Dahl, but not my favourite. c:

lydia1879 | Aug 31, 2016 |
The Twits is the story of two horrible, nasty individuals by the name of Mr. and Mrs. Twit. Their favorite occupation (besides being absolutely horrendous in increasingly vile ways to one another) is to torment their 4 trained monkeys and the birds which roost in their tree. As with most of Dahl's writing, there is a most satisfying conclusion at the end of this book which I just can't in good conscience spoil. Just know that Mr. Dahl certainly doesn't shrink from ghastly topics. ;-) ( )
  AliceaP | Aug 16, 2016 |

Roald Dahlprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blake, QuentinIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vriesendorp, HuberteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Emma
What a lot of hairy-faced men there are around nowadays.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014241039X, Paperback)

Mr. and Mrs. Twit hate everything, including their trained monkeys, the Muggle-Wumps, who now want revenge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:37 -0400)

The misadventures of two terrible old people who enjoy playing nasty tricks and are finally outwitted by a family of monkeys.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141322756, 0141807830

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,653,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible