Emma and the Blue Genie by Cornelia Funke

Emma and the Blue Genie

by Cornelia Funke

Other authors: Vivienne To (Cover artist)

Got this book for my niece - she read most of it to me in one day. Clever and charming. ( )
  liz.mabry | May 13, 2019 |
I had a difficult time liking this one. Wasn't as magical as some of her other books that I love so much! ( )
  mpettit7974 | Dec 21, 2017 |
Listened to this audio book on trip, it was delightful, full of fun, humor, and adventure. Unable to finish, so sent grand-kids home with it. As usual, Cornelia Funke delivers a delightful book.
  Gmomaj | Jun 1, 2016 |
A perfectly delightful narration of this fantasy is done by author Cornelia Funke. A great fantasy for younger children with its straightforward plot. It is the definition of a charming story with humor and rich language. ( )
  geraldinefm | Dec 26, 2014 |
I reviewed Emma and the Blue Genie for AudioFile Magazine. A link to my complete review is here: http://www.audiofilemagazine.com/reviews/read/96438/

Cornelia Funke is a master of dark fantasy, so I couldn't wait to see what she could do with an early chapter book. She is the narrator as well as the author. I was pleased that although the book is for a young audience, she maintains her deep, quiet, German-accented voice and all of her customary suspenseful pauses. The story takes place in a far-off caliphate reached by magic carpet (what else?) I think kids will love this exotic adventure story with a strong female protagonist and her stalwart dog. Suggested for ages 7-10.

I only reviewed the audio copy, but the print copy is lovely - small and special and delightfully illustrated.

http://shelf-employed.blogspot.com ( )
  shelf-employed | Nov 15, 2014 |

Cornelia Funkeprimary authorall editionscalculated
To, VivienneCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The beloved and bestselling author of Inkheart brings her signature imagination, adventure, and humor to a magical full-color chapter book for young readers!

One night, Emma finds a mysterious green bottle floating in the ocean. When she pulls out the stopper, she sets a blue genie free! Most genies grant three wishes, but Karim can’t grant even one anymore. A yellow genie stole his magic nose ring, leaving him small, powerless, and trapped in that bottle. Emma and her noodle-tailed dog have to help Karim get his nose ring—and his magic—back!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:57 -0400)

Eight--year-old Emma and her little dog, Tristan, take a magic carpet ride to the distant land of Barakash to help a genie recover his stolen magical nose ring.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,852,118 books! | Top bar: Always visible