Pinkalicious by Elizabeth Kann

Pinkalicious (edition 2006)

by Elizabeth Kann, Victoria Kann, Victoria Kann (Illustrator)

Member:littleturtle82
Title:Pinkalicious
Authors:Elizabeth Kann
Other authors:Victoria Kann, Victoria Kann (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2006), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, children, contemporary, humor, fantasy, art, picture book, poetry, 2nd grade reading level, ages 4-8, 2nd-3rd grade reading level, ATOS Level 2.7, AD560L

Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann

Mom! What's That? by Atlas Jordan (Anonymous user)

I liked this book because I thought it was very cute. The main character and her mother bake pink cupcakes and the little girls eats a lot of them and then she turns pink! I think many young girls would love this book because it would make them laugh. However, I do not see many young boys wanting to read this book. The little girl’s parents tell her not to eat too many or else she will turn pink, but she did not listen to them. The message of the story is to listen to your parents because they know what is best for you. I like this message for young students because this is when students can start not wanting to do everything their parents tell them to do. Overall I thought this book was good, but the concept did not strike me as well as some other books did. ( )
  Juliekessler1 | Dec 4, 2014 |
I personally enjoyed reading this book to the children I babysit since they are girls and love the color pink. However the actual character in this story is a snobbish, disobedient and naughty. She is a bad influence on children who read this book because of how rude and disrespectful she is towards her parents. This girl throws a fit to get what she wants and that is not the message i think should be portrayed to young readers. They will begin to think that if they throw a fit for long enough, they will get what they want. However, this book does punish the girl for being so disrespectful by turning pink. This could be used in the classroom to promote nutrition but other than that I would not recommend it be read in a classroom. The illustrations were fun, but very pink (of course). So if you don't like the color pink, move on to the next book.
  lfasce1 | Dec 2, 2014 |
made pink cupcakes, little girl turned pink from eating too many. Got pinkatitous. helps kids learn to eat healthy. ( )
  pamelapaige | Nov 29, 2014 |
Pinkalicious is about a girl who loves the color pink, after eating too many pink cupcakes her skin actually starts to turn pink. She ends up having to eat a lot of green vegetables in order to turn back to normal color. I like this book because it is fun and allows me to use my imagination. As a fellow "pink" enthusiast I often wonder is too much of a good thing bad? This book will make children laugh and giggle while learning that it is possible to have too much of a good thing. I think this book would be suitable for 2-8 year olds. It is fun and girly so any young child who likes cupcakes or the color pink would appreciate it.
  SaraJoslin | Sep 30, 2014 |
Summary
This book is about Pinkalicious who was teased for loving the color pink. The majority of the kids on the bus liked the color black. Pinkalicious started to feel lonely and sad. She changed her pinkish ways but this made her more unhappy. It all changed when she found a friend who enjoyed the color pink and didn't think it was a terrible color.
Personal reaction
Always be yourself at all times. Never allow anyone to change the way you think. When being bullied for the way you are or the way you think, the person trying to pressure you to change was never a friend or someone who cared about you.
Classroom extension ideas
1.Have a round table discussion on being bullied. Ask the students has anyone every bullied you or made you change the way you are or vice versa have they bullied anyone.
2.Get different colors paints and have the students see or guess what colors they would be if you added the colors together
  valhaitshan | Aug 24, 2014 |
The "Pinkalicious" series is a great resource to teach colors and a strong message to stay true to yourself.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

Victoria Kannprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kann, Elizabethmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Jaison and Ashley - E.K.
To Christina and Leigha - V.K.
And to our parents, Patricia and Steve, with a special thank-you to Jill.

Cupcakes for all!
It was a rainy day, too wet to go outside.

Pink, pink, pink. More than anything, Pinkalicious loves pink, especially pink cupcakes. Her parents warn her not to eat too many of them, but when Pinkalicious does . . . she turns pink! What to do?

This sparkling picture book, filled with such favorites as pink bubble gum, pink peonies, pink cotton candy, and pink fairy princess dresses, celebrates all things pink while showing that being yourself is best of all.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:40 -0400)

A little girl who is obsessed with the color pink eats so many pink cupcakes that she herself turns pink.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,442,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible