Pinkalicious by Elizabeth Kann

Pinkalicious (edition 2006)

by Elizabeth Kann, Victoria Kann, Victoria Kann (Illustrator)

Member:callie.peat
Title:Pinkalicious
Authors:Elizabeth Kann
Other authors:Victoria Kann, Victoria Kann (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2006), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:BL 2.7

Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann

Mom! What's That? by Atlas Jordan (Anonymous user)

Good, longer Pinkalicious story. ( )
  melodyreads | Aug 10, 2015 |
Pinkalicious by Elizabeth and Victoria Conn
Audio book. Little girl is obsessed with the color pink. Rainy and too wet to go outside so they make pink cupcakes.
She has her mom add more pink coloring. They also frost them with pink frosting.
I lost track after 6 how many she ate and she wants more. Dad says she's had enough. Problem is when she woke up she had turned pink...
A bath didn't take the pink out of her hair or skin. The doctor might have the solution....but she doesn't quite do what he says.... and her brother does not either...
  jbarr5 | Apr 23, 2015 |
This is a book that teaches you what not to do. I like that the little girl isn't the typical child who is polite to her parents. This will allow me to address to my class what it means to be respectful and disrespectful. However, I wish the book addressed her disrespect towards her parents. It also shows the important a of vegetables and that they are healthy and good for our bodies. I like that this book teaches students that having too much of a good thing can turn into a negative. Pinkalicous had too many pink cupcakes that ended up turning her entire body and wardrobe pink. She wouldn't recover until she ate plenty of green healthy foods. After reading this book, the students can come up with examples from their own life experiences of how having too much of something had turned into a bad thing.
  bmille16 | Feb 19, 2015 |
I liked this book because I thought it was very cute. The main character and her mother bake pink cupcakes and the little girls eats a lot of them and then she turns pink! I think many young girls would love this book because it would make them laugh. However, I do not see many young boys wanting to read this book. The little girl’s parents tell her not to eat too many or else she will turn pink, but she did not listen to them. The message of the story is to listen to your parents because they know what is best for you. I like this message for young students because this is when students can start not wanting to do everything their parents tell them to do. Overall I thought this book was good, but the concept did not strike me as well as some other books did. ( )
  Juliekessler1 | Dec 4, 2014 |
I personally enjoyed reading this book to the children I babysit since they are girls and love the color pink. However the actual character in this story is a snobbish, disobedient and naughty. She is a bad influence on children who read this book because of how rude and disrespectful she is towards her parents. This girl throws a fit to get what she wants and that is not the message i think should be portrayed to young readers. They will begin to think that if they throw a fit for long enough, they will get what they want. However, this book does punish the girl for being so disrespectful by turning pink. This could be used in the classroom to promote nutrition but other than that I would not recommend it be read in a classroom. The illustrations were fun, but very pink (of course). So if you don't like the color pink, move on to the next book.
  lfasce1 | Dec 2, 2014 |
The "Pinkalicious" series is a great resource to teach colors and a strong message to stay true to yourself.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

Victoria Kannprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kann, Elizabethmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Jaison and Ashley - E.K.
To Christina and Leigha - V.K.
And to our parents, Patricia and Steve, with a special thank-you to Jill.

Cupcakes for all!
It was a rainy day, too wet to go outside.

Pink, pink, pink. More than anything, Pinkalicious loves pink, especially pink cupcakes. Her parents warn her not to eat too many of them, but when Pinkalicious does . . . she turns pink! What to do?

This sparkling picture book, filled with such favorites as pink bubble gum, pink peonies, pink cotton candy, and pink fairy princess dresses, celebrates all things pink while showing that being yourself is best of all.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:08 -0400)

A little girl who is obsessed with the color pink eats so many pink cupcakes that she herself turns pink.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,070,637 books! | Top bar: Always visible