Aunt Dimity: Snowbound by Nancy Atherton

Aunt Dimity: Snowbound (2004)

by Nancy Atherton

Series: Aunt Dimity (9)

This is better than the last one, but not as good as the first one I read....

This Lori, chick...just goes on & on & on & on....Chattering & Chattering incessantly to herself, Aunt Dimity & others, like Chip & Dale in an argument.....Until I thought my brain would explode.

As for Aunt Dimity, she's just some moralistic "proper" old lady ghost, who only offers platitudes & moral compass...but no insights or clues, as one would think a ghost might.

Ok: in this installment at the urging of a friend & neighbor, Lori goes for a hike in the woods so that she may shake the post-holiday blues, but of course she takes a wrong turn and ends up in a supposedly abandoned manor.... There she comes upon a snarky & secretive young woman, and the stereotypical young dark, tall, handsome & loin stirring young man..... They find themselves snowed in during the worst blizzard known to that area! yadda yadda yadda....

The history of the manor is revealed, an old crime is brought to light...and the two "thieves", really are not who they seem to be.

These stories could be so very much more interesting, if only Atherton would develop the ghost..... Aunt Dimity seems to always take the far back seat to Lori & her freaky pink stuffed bunny Reg. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
I didn't realize this was part of a series when I purchased it. However, I enjoyed it so much that I have started the series at the beginning. These are easy read, grown up Nancy Drew books and I find them to be quite charming. ( )
  melissabrinkley | May 31, 2011 |
Really enjoyed this book! It was my first "Aunt Dimity" book and I look forward to reading more. ( )
  briannad84 | Mar 16, 2011 |
Cute, cozy mystery about three Americans caught in the snow at local manor house. Lori's perpetual "wandering eye" is kept in tow, Reginald is more actively involved, and the mystery ends with true love and honor restored. ( )
  Prop2gether | Nov 29, 2010 |
I enjoyed this cozy, wintry mystery set in Ladythorne Abbey. I liked how Lori discovered the truth and, with help, made things right again. I look forward to reading the next book in the series, Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin. ( )
  krin5292 | Dec 22, 2009 |

Nancy Athertonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Köpfer, MonikaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For
Wendy Lindboe,
rambler
The holidays nearly killed me.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0143034588, Mass Market Paperback)

Visit Aunt Dimity on the web: http://www.aunt-dimity.com

Lori Shepherd and the phantom Aunt Dimity have become one of the mystery genre’s most celebrated detective duos. In their latest adventure, a pleasant woodland stroll through the English countryside is rudely cut short by the blizzard of the century, forcing Lori to take shelter in Ladythorne Abbey—an old pile still haunted by the presence of the madwoman whose prison it once was. But the abbey’s greatest secret is the priceless jewel it conceals somewhere within its cloisters—an heirloom that hides a treacherous past that Lori’s fellow guests can’t wait to get their hands on. Only Aunt Dimity’s indispensable wisdom can help Lori unravel a mystery that is  considerably thicker than the accumulating snow in this page-turning treat.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:53 -0400)

After being caught in a blizzard, Lori Shepherd takes refuge in Ladythorne Abbey, the former home of the late Lucasta DeClerke, where she uncovers a plot to steal a priceless DeClerke family heirloom.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,223,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible