Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner

Skippyjon Jones (original 2003; edition 2003)

by Judy Schachner

Member:ashbrau
Title:Skippyjon Jones
Authors:Judy Schachner
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2003), Hardcover, 32 pages
Collections:Picture Books
Rating:*
Tags:picture-books

Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner (2003)

Recently added bycesdemo, private library, misterhodgson

Skippyjon Jones is a cat who dreams of being a dog. His adventure in this book involves him joining up with a group of bandits and whatever "mischief" they can get into. All of the Skippyjon Jones books are a hoot, and the creative language is sure to keep children interested. ( )
  MaryHannahSwan | Nov 10, 2016 |
This one was good but if you do not know Spanish, you may struggle like I did! It was a good story about Skippy Jon Jones who had big ears that did not fit his head and had too much imagination! ( )
  Alexgirl16 | Oct 20, 2016 |
Teaching diversity and multiculturalism. Also good for teaching fantasy stories.
  CharliePipes | Oct 11, 2016 |
SkippyJon Jones is a kitten. A very active, inquisitive, and imaginative kitten who loves to play pretend. When his mother banishes him to his room to think about what it is to be a cat, not the other things he pretends to be, he turns on his imagination again and pretends to be a Chihuahua in Mexico, fighting bandits and saving the day. A truly fun, multicultural read-aloud.
  mdispaltro | Jul 28, 2016 |
If you are someone who likes reading fantasy books, I think that you will like this book. Skippyjon Jones thinks that he is a chihuahua and likes to pretend that his name is skippy toes and he plays in his closet a lot.This book is fun for all ages. I really enjoyed this book. ( )
  NikhilU14 | May 24, 2016 |
Para mi familia a la A Better Chance House en Swarthmore: Shayna Israel, Asia Hoe, Patricia Ottley y Julianna Lucre
Especialmente unas gracies a las muchachas hispanas - Marlene Rijo, Erica Pena y Kathleen Regalado - por las lecciones de espanol para El Skippito
Con mucho carino, Mamalita
Every morning, Skippyjon Jones woke up with the birds.
My ears are too beeg for my head. My head ees too beeg for my body. I am not a Siamese cat...I AM A CHIHUAHUA!

AR 3.3, Pts 0.5

My name is Skippito Friskito.
I fear not a single bandito.
My manners are mellow,
I'm sweet like the Jell-O,
I get the job done, yes indeed-o.
Skippyjon Jones is no ordinary kitten. Oh, no. . . .He's actually El Skippito, a great sword-fighter ready to battle banditos the world over! With a little imagination and a whole lot of fun, this frisky cat dons a mask and cape and takes on a bad bumble-beeto to save the day. And along the way, he'll be sure to steal young reader's hearts, yes indeed-o!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:48 -0400)

Skippyjon Jones is a Siamese cat with an overactive imagination who would rather be El Skippito, his Zorro-like alter ego.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,629,294 books! | Top bar: Always visible