What a Lady Needs for Christmas (MacGregor…

What a Lady Needs for Christmas (MacGregor Series) (edition 2014)

by Grace Burrowes (Author)

Member:caittilynn
Title:What a Lady Needs for Christmas (MacGregor Series)
Authors:Grace Burrowes (Author)
Info:Sourcebooks Casablanca (2014), 416 pages

What a Lady Needs for Christmas by Grace Burrowes

I loved this story so much!

This particular story had a hero to die for. I mean, this man was such a good man, an understanding, practical and logical sort. It’s not easy to find that kind in any period, let alone in Victorian England, but our heroine is one lucky woman and she knows it, so I’m not surprised that she fell for him.

When it comes to that familiar trope of marriage of convenience, we’ve probably read thousands of them, but Grace Burrowes turns this tale on its head by pairing two people from vastly different backgrounds and temperaments, yet both brutally honest and acceptable of each other within one train ride.

Dante with his children is catching a train to Ballater as he fails to find a wife among the beau monde society.

Lady Joan Flynn is desperate to flee to Balfour House because she feels that she had disgraced her family and is faced with a dilemma of how to fix this problem.

As Dante comes to her aid more than once during her trip to Scotland, they both come to realize that each is an answer to the other’s dilemma.

Grace Burrowes is my hero. No joke. She writes stories that are so relatable and could apply to any one of us, regardless of the time setting.

I loved everything about this story from the pace, plot and characterization. This was one sweet, tender and heartwarming Christmas read! Highly recommending it to all of you but especially to those that have never read this author. Time for you to start and may as well be this one.

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary copy provided by the publisher ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
What A Lady Needs For Christmas is the fourth book in the MacGregors series by Grace Burrowes.

There were things I liked and other things I can’t say I disliked, but wish would have been stronger in What A Lady Needs For Christmas.

I liked Dante, I liked him as a man, as a husband, as a father, and as a brother.

On the beginning I liked Joan, but my “like” for her diminish when she started to lie to her husband. Of course, she came around at the end, but by them she had already lost points in my eyes.

You can read the rest of my review at The Bookaholic Cat ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
For those of us to whom the holidays present a challenge, which is to say. ALL of us, at some point.
But, Papa, we should help the Lady.

The Best Gifts are the Unexpected Ones...

To escape a scandal, Lady Joan Flynn flees her family's estate in the Scottish Highlands. She needs a husband by Christmas, or the holidays will ring in nothing but ruin.

As Christmas—and trouble—draw nearer, Dante and Joan's marriage of convenience blossoms into unexpected intimacy, for true love often hides beneath the most unassuming holiday wrapping...

—Back cover

"The best gifts are the unexpected ones...To escape a scandal, Lady Joan Flynn flees to her family's estate in the Scottish Highlands. She needs a husband by Christmas, or the holidays will ring in nothing but ruin. Practical, ambitious mill owner Dante Hartwell offers to marry Joan, because a wellborn wife is his best chance of gaining access to aristocratic investors. As Christmas--and trouble--draw nearer, Dante and Joan's marriage of convenience blossoms into unexpected intimacy, for true love often hides beneath the most unassuming holiday wrapping"--Page [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,682,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible