Body Check by Deirdre Martin

Good hockey story that really grabbed my interest and kept me engaged but I did not like the heroine's action after a conflict of job versus friend and more atonement was needed from the hero at the end. Publicist Janna must change hockey teams image especially team caption Ty.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
I absolutely love ice hockey. When I saw that there were books written within that world, I leaped without thinking. I was a little less excited when I realized it was chick lit, but I love a fun read as much as anyone else. It can’t all be fire and brimstone out there.

Body Check started off on a pretty solid note. It introduced individually likable characters that got under each other’s skin from the get-go. For the record, I love the hate to love progression in a story. Janna was fiery and you couldn’t help but root for her, even when she might’ve been wrong. Ty was the ultimate man’s man. I would probably be pretty tongue-tied around him (if he actually existed and we met).

There wasn’t much in the way of hockey jargon. There were locker room scenes and they talked about games and practices, but the hockey was really just a back drop to the story (I was mildly disappointed by this).

The chemistry between Janna and Ty was a little too fast and choppy, for it to be plausible. There just was not enough build up between the characters to really be believable. As a reader, I felt cheated (as if there were missing interactions).

Ultimately I did enjoy Body Check. There were risqué scenes that really aren’t suitable anyone under the age of 18 (disclaimer). If you’re looking for a fun, quick, sports-themed read, Body Check may be for you. I would recommend it.

For more reviews, check out http://reviewsinapinch.com/ today! ( )
  ReviewsInAPinch | Oct 17, 2014 |
headless woman cover
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Oh Absolutely delightful. So much chemistry in one book that the heat explodes right on the face while reading. Will definitely recommend romance lovers !!!
  surbhiflora | Sep 15, 2010 |
Hockey's barely on my radar, but this romance about "New York Blades" PR whiz Janna wasn't too bad. ( )
  ennie | Jan 30, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515134899, Mass Market Paperback)

This game’s going into overtime.

Janna MacNeil is a publicist on a mission—to change the image of the bad boys of hockey: the Stanley Cup Champion New York Blades.

Ty Gallagher is a captain on a mission—to get his team to win the Cup again…at any cost. His determination is legendary, as well as his unwillingness to toe the corporate line.

When the persistent publicist and the stubborn captain butt heads, it’s hard enough to crack the ice. But they may end up melting it instead…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:08 -0400)

When publicist Janna MacNeil, determined to change the image of the New York Blades hockey team, engages in a battle of wills with Ty Gallagher, the uncooperative and stubborn captain of the team, passion erupts between them, in an entertaining modern romance.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,945,818 books! | Top bar: Always visible