Echoes by Robin Jones Gunn
198None59,218 (4.18)1

echoes glenbrook series 3 by robin jones gunn
Laurn and her boyfriend have called off the marriage. Her brother gives her a computer and she
reconnects with KC, learning more about one another. She continues her college education and
they agree to meet in person.
Somedays she's really a klutz and things happen throughout this novel that find her in situations
and locations she never thought she'd be in. Her faith in God will get her through.
Good to catch up with others in Glenbrook, love this series.
Love the explanation of how the book got it's name, priceless! ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
Echoes
Robin Jones Gunn

Book Summary: In this dramatic contemporary romance by bestselling author Robin Jones Gunn, Lauren Phillips enters the wild, uncharted territory of the Internet on her home computer and "connects" with a man known only as "K.C." As she struggles to recover from a broken engagement, Lauren keeps busy by working full time and striving to finish her college degree. But her correspondence with K.C. quickly becomes the thing she loves most...and the source of dreams she cannot bear to relinquish. When the opportunity comes for them to meet after a year of corresponding, Lauren faces a tough choice: Is she willing to risk everything...including a broken heart? Readers will stay "on-line" to find out in this bestselling former Palisades release, now the third book in the new Glenbrooke series.
Will Lauren risk losing her heart...to a man she's never met? Lauren Phillips tries to keep busy while recovering from a broken engagement. Then one day, through her home computer, Lauren accidentally connects on the Internet with a mysterious man she knows only as K.C. Lauren's e-mail relationship with K.C. quickly becomes the thing she loves most in life..and the source of dreams she cannot bear to relinquish. After a year of corresponding, the opportunity appears for them to meet. Lauren faces a tough choice: Is she willing to risk everything...including another broken heart?

Review: I really enjoyed this book and series. I was not sure about this particular title when I first picked it up. I hemmed and hawed about reading it. Once I started it I was sorry that I waited so long. Since I read the books out of order I was already familiar with the main characters. They were a great mix and contrast in story line from the other books in the series which made it a good ongoing series and single. There is no need to read them in sequence or you can just read one of them. Although once you read one you are going to want to know how the other stories come about. Lauren and KC are more common today than when this story was written, I think and that is what makes this more timeless. ( )
  Robin661 | Jul 19, 2013 |
A very quick enjoyable read, read in one afternoon. Reminded me of "You Got Mail". When the story begins Lauren is engaged to Jeff, and it appeared to me immediately that it was a one sided relationship. I was happy when it ended!
When Lauren's brother Brad brings her a computer, this book was originally published back in 1996. He sets her up with email, and a shows her a chat room. So begins a new internet relationship with KC.
When a year passes with this unseen friend they decide to meet. Her friends are aghast, he could be an axe murderer. She cancels!!
We travel with Lauren through this period of time in her life, she finishes her degree. She has reestablished her relationship with God, and keeps him close now.
Will these two unknown to one another, ever meet? Will they ever get beyond cyber tea, Irish Breakfast Tea?
This is a sweet, sometimes funny read, and hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

I received this book from Multnomah Blogging For Books Program, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Jan 12, 2013 |
Lauren Philips, AKA Wren, is plagued by difficulties. Love is just having trouble finding her. From an engagement gone wrong to wearing her salads trouble finds her. As Jeff, her ex-fiance, says, "These things seem to happen to you Lauren," Lauren's friend Mindy and her brother, Bradley come to the rescue. Mindy with support, and Bradley with a computer. Bradley, AKA Rad, get Lauren on an online messaging system. She meets KC on this new messaging system. He's her person to come to with her every thought, but she's falling quickly in love. Soon, she has a chance to meet KC, but will her fear of getting hurt stop her?
This book is delightfully romantic with very cute humor and comes easy to relate to. However, although the characters seem well developed in the ways of personality, in actual features, they are lacking greatly.
This book was a great addition to my tea time and I enjoyed it greatly. ( )
  amanda784 | Jan 4, 2013 |
Love this book. Love the characters, the premise which is so different from the usual girl meets guy book. In fact, we dont' meet the hero of the book in person until near the end of the book but that doesn't stop the romance from coming through loud and clear. And their face-to-face meeting is well worth the wait. ( )
1 vote beanyncecil | Sep 9, 2009 |

Will Lauren risk losing her heart...to a man she's never met?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:44 -0400)

Recovering from a broken relationship, Lauren Phillips accidentally connects with a man over the internet and finds their correspondence the source of dreams she cannot bear to relinquish. After a year, the opportunity to meet appears, but is she willing to risk another broken heart?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,426,222 books! | Top bar: Always visible