All I Know About Animal Behavior I Learned…

All I Know About Animal Behavior I Learned in Loehmann's Dressing Room

by Erma Bombeck

Recently added byaharey, IslandDave, Gingermama, Baily1964, Ellen_R, private library, Ally.Santra

In this funny, quick-to-read book Bombeck compares the human animal to those of the true animal species. The similarities between an aging dog's bladder and that of a post-menopausal woman are right on the mark. Bottle-nosed dolphins that were trapped in ice for a short time near New Jersey lost their sense of direction and swam south instead of north; too proud to ask for directions guys? A wildebeest will stop at nothing to get where he wants to go - swim through rivers infested with crocodiles, endure floods and enemies to reach his destination. Similarly will a woman with a 'standing' appointment for a hairdresser overcome any obstacle to make her slotted time. Yes, some of the comparisons are far-fetched but the outcome is a fun book full of Bombeck's humor. Maybe you'll even be laughing like a hyena when you've finished. ( )
  Ellen_R | Jan 15, 2016 |
Observations about humans and human society derived from the animal kingdom. A few humourous observations, however the book overall did not appeal to me. ( )
  PhillipThomas | Jul 19, 2015 |
Erma Bombeck is ALWAYS funny. This book was published in the 90's and I just got around to reading it. It was entertaining and had it's "ha ha" moments but I've read better from Erma. ( )
  MaryEvelynLS | Jun 1, 2014 |
witty ( )
  bookwormteri | Dec 7, 2006 |

Identifying the likenesses between animals in the wild and human beings, another humorous reflection of the ridiculous side of life pokes fun at nutrition, talk shows, childbirth, and more. 500,000 first printing. $300,000 ad/promo.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:05 -0400)

"Erma Bombeck...turns her talents to the animal kingdom: the behavioral patterns of the creatures in the wild and and couple in the duplex next door."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,236,266 books! | Top bar: Always visible