Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs

Cross Bones (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Kathy Reichs

2,519452,404 (3.56)66
Member:justjim
Title:Cross Bones
Authors:Kathy Reichs
Info:William Heinemann (2005), Hardcover

Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs (2005)

The Inquisitor's Key by Jefferson Bass (elvisettey)
    elvisettey: If this kind of Biblical anthropology-forgery stuff is your thing, this mystery might also appeal to you.

English (41)  Swedish (1)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (45)
Mysteries are not my favorite genre by far, but I had been watching "Bones" on TV, and since I liked it so much I decided to give the series it was based on a shot. I thought I was grabbing the first one at the library, but apparently I grabbed the eighth one. Oops. Read it anyway.

First I must say that the TV show is very loosely based on the books. At least from what I've read. At least in this book. And I like the TV show much better. That said, as mysteries go, this one actually kept me more interested than many. And it was well written and easy to read. I might actually read another one. We'll see. All in all, a good read, for a mystery. ( )
  Anniik | Sep 7, 2013 |
I didn't like this book and found it hard to get into it, not to sure why because I have liked some of the other ones by Kathy Reichs. ( )
  askum | May 27, 2013 |
At a book swap, a friend thrust this book into my hands saying I would love it.

Wrong. I like the _idea_ of the Temperance Brennan novels, but they never hold me. I always enjoy pieces of them, but the whole package is generally too tedious.

This book deals with the --once again-- what if Jesus did not die on the cross? What if he had siblings? What if he had married?

The one bright spot was a coherent discussion of mitochondrial DNA. ( )
  kaulsu | May 10, 2013 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Cross Bones
Published 2005 by Scribner

When an Orthodox Jew is found shot to death in Montreal, Temperance Brennan is called in to examine the body and to figure out the puzzling damage to the corpse. Unexpectedly, a stranger slips her a photograph of a skeleton and assures her the picture is the key to the victim’s death. Before she knows it, Tempe is involved in an international mystery as old as Jesus, a mystery that could rewrite 2000 years of religious history. Along with Detective Andrew Ryan and biblical archeologist Jake Drum, Tempe travels to Israel to probe the origins of the skeleton and the ancient crypt in which it was found. Have they made a startling discovery that raises radical questions about Christ’s death? Or, has someone concocted an elaborate hoax?
  virgil69 | Apr 27, 2013 |
Depart from evil, and do good. Seek peace, and pursue it.
--Jewish Holy Scripture,
Psalm 34:14
The fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for them that make peace.
--New Testament, James 3:18
And make not Allah because of your swearing(by him) an obstacle to your doing good and guarding (against evil) and making peace between men, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
--Koran 2:224
For Susanne Kirk, editor, Scribner, 1975-2004
and
For Dr. James Woodward, chancellor,
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1989-2005

Thanks for the years of support and encouragement.

Enjoy your retirements!
Following and Easter dinner of ham, peas, and creamed potatoes Charles "Le Cowboy" Bellemare pinched a twenty from his sister, drove to a crack house in Verdun, and vanished.

The key to a modern murder lies in the sands of history.

Examining a badly decomposed corpse is de rigueur for forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan. But puzzling damage on the body of a shooting victim, an Orthodox Jewish man, suggests this is no ordinary Montreal murder. When a stranger slips Tempe a photograph of a skeleton unearthed at an archaeological site, Tempe uncovers chilling ties between the dead man and secrets long buried in the dust of Israel. Traveling there with Detective Andrew Ryan, Tempe plunges into an international mystery as old as Jesus, and centered on the controversial discovery of Christ's tomb. Has a mastermind lured her into an elaborate hoax? If not, Tempe may be on the brink of rewriting two thousand years of history -- if she can survive the foes dead set on burying her.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:20 -0400)

Examining a badly decomposed corpse is de rigueur for forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan. When a stranger slips Tempe a photograph of a skeleton unearthed at an archaeological site, Tempe uncovers chilling ties between the dead man and secrets long buried in the dust of Israel. Traveling with Detective Andrew Ryan, Tempe plunges into an international mystery as old as Jesus, and centered on the controversial discovery of Christ's tomb. Tempe may be on the brink of rewriting two thousand years of history - if she can survive the foes dead set on burying her.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,613,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible