Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs

Cross Bones (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Kathy Reichs

Member:justjim
Title:Cross Bones
Authors:Kathy Reichs
Info:William Heinemann (2005), Hardcover

Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs (2005)

Recently added bythejasp, plaeski, private library, MiriamMartin, MaraBlaise, olegalCA
    The Inquisitor's Key by Jefferson Bass (elvisettey)
    elvisettey: If this kind of Biblical anthropology-forgery stuff is your thing, this mystery might also appeal to you.

English (45)  Swedish (1)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (49)
I love the entire Temperence Brennan series but this book was especially appealing because of the trip to Israel and the implications a bone-find might have on Christianity. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
Not her best work by far. ( )
  amymyoung | Nov 27, 2014 |
Mysteries are not my favorite genre by far, but I had been watching "Bones" on TV, and since I liked it so much I decided to give the series it was based on a shot. I thought I was grabbing the first one at the library, but apparently I grabbed the eighth one. Oops. Read it anyway.

First I must say that the TV show is very loosely based on the books. At least from what I've read. At least in this book. And I like the TV show much better. That said, as mysteries go, this one actually kept me more interested than many. And it was well written and easy to read. I might actually read another one. We'll see. All in all, a good read, for a mystery. ( )
  sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |

1 vote Anniik | Sep 7, 2013 |
Depart from evil, and do good. Seek peace, and pursue it.
--Jewish Holy Scripture,
Psalm 34:14
The fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for them that make peace.
--New Testament, James 3:18
And make not Allah because of your swearing(by him) an obstacle to your doing good and guarding (against evil) and making peace between men, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
--Koran 2:224
For Susanne Kirk, editor, Scribner, 1975-2004
and
For Dr. James Woodward, chancellor,
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1989-2005

Thanks for the years of support and encouragement.

Enjoy your retirements!
Following and Easter dinner of ham, peas, and creamed potatoes Charles "Le Cowboy" Bellemare pinched a twenty from his sister, drove to a crack house in Verdun, and vanished.

The key to a modern murder lies in the sands of history.

Examining a badly decomposed corpse is de rigueur for forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan. But puzzling damage on the body of a shooting victim, an Orthodox Jewish man, suggests this is no ordinary Montreal murder. When a stranger slips Tempe a photograph of a skeleton unearthed at an archaeological site, Tempe uncovers chilling ties between the dead man and secrets long buried in the dust of Israel. Traveling there with Detective Andrew Ryan, Tempe plunges into an international mystery as old as Jesus, and centered on the controversial discovery of Christ's tomb. Has a mastermind lured her into an elaborate hoax? If not, Tempe may be on the brink of rewriting two thousand years of history -- if she can survive the foes dead set on burying her.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:20 -0400)

Examining a badly decomposed corpse is de rigueur for forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan. When a stranger slips Tempe a photograph of a skeleton unearthed at an archaeological site, Tempe uncovers chilling ties between the dead man and secrets long buried in the dust of Israel. Traveling with Detective Andrew Ryan, Tempe plunges into an international mystery as old as Jesus, and centered on the controversial discovery of Christ's tomb. Tempe may be on the brink of rewriting two thousand years of history - if she can survive the foes dead set on burying her.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,321,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible