Dragon blood by Patricia Briggs

Dragon blood (edition 2003)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:joykenn
Title:Dragon blood
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:New York : Ace Books, 2003.
Collections:Kindle books, Your library, To read
Tags:dragons, Kindle, SF, fantasy, Hurong

Dragon Blood by Patricia Briggs

The Ladies of Mandrigyn by Barbara Hambly (MyriadBooks)
    MyriadBooks: For the pragmatistic heroines.

English (24)  German (1)  All languages (25)
I really enjoyed this second book as much as the first! ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
I really appreciated this book. It did feel a bit like it was a blind rush to the end and to wrap things up. I really appreciate the world and the characters. I would like to be able to read more, though the series has ended. I appreciated the friendships and the love interest. ( )
  Velmeran | Jan 26, 2019 |
It's always worthwhile to spend time with characters who are focused on doing the right thing. The puzzle of conflicting allegiances is threaded quite well here. ( )
  2wonderY | Dec 28, 2017 |
I enjoyed this series of books. This is the sequel to Dragon Bones. Great character descriptions and a believable world. My only complaint is the ending. Rather anti-climatic and, to me, it ended a bit abruptly. She said she was writing a new Hurog book so I hope that will put to rest the issues I had with the ending. ( )
  llyramoon | Apr 23, 2013 |
I read these after I read the Twilight series. Briggs is so great! ( )
  hjjugovic | Feb 26, 2012 |

Mary and Bob Kerns,
Ann Peters (aka Sparky),
and
Kaye Roberson;
my reading, writing and riding buddies.
"It's just like skinning a rabbit," the old man said to his grandson.

Call to Rebellion

Ward, ruler of Hurog, is striving to restore his lands and people to prosperity, wanting nothing more than a quiet life. But when an old friend, escaping from High King Jakoven's torturers, seeks refuge in his keep, Ward can no longer ignore the growing rebellion against the tyrannical High King. He realizes that he cannot stand aside - he must join with the rebels.

However, Jakoven has a secret weapon with which he intends to crush the rebellion: Farsonbane,a magical artifact that has destroyed entire cities. But first, Jakoven needs blood to awaken it.Dragon's blood. The very blood that courses through Ward's veins...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441010083, Mass Market Paperback)

Irresistible fantasy from the #1 New York Times bestselling author.

As the rebellion grows against High King Jakoven, Ward, ruler of Hurog, realizes he must join with the rebels. However, Jakoven can crush his enemies with dragon?s blood. The very blood that courses through Ward?s veins.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:29 -0400)

In this sequel to "Dragon Bones," an old friend who has escaped from High King Jakoven's tortures seeks refuge from Ward, ruler of Hurog. Ward can no longer ignore the growing rebellion against the tyrant and joins the rebels. But Jakoven has a secret weapon; one that requires dragon's blood--the very blood coursing through Ward's veins.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,419,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible