Blood Infernal by James Rollins

mom (125)

A good conclusion to the trilogy. Exciting, engaging and satisfying. I really enjoyed this book and the trilogy overall. ( )
  thejohnsmith | Apr 24, 2017 |
Rebecca and James have outdone themselves in the wrapping-up of this series... It is a sad day, since I've finished the book-let's hope the world is at peril once again so the trio in this trio can come back. Not that I'm wishing for natural disaster or anything here, but..... (My faith is in the trio)

Not only does this book perfectly fall inline with the other two in the series, it falls inline with something worldly (at the time of its publishing.) Only the VERY most clever will figure it out. I, did not. I'm leaving it at that because I never divulge spoilers. I want you to enjoy that 'AH-HA' moment as I have. But I will tell you it is so cleverly plotted that I am green with envy at its brilliance. Can you tell I'm having a hard time not spilling it???

A guaranteed thrill ride... ( )
  Deankut | Sep 26, 2016 |
Blood Infernal is the final amazing book in the Order of the Sanguines trilogy. Rollins and Cantrell have woven together an adventure story mixed with religion, history and the supernatural. We are joined again by The Knight of Christ, Rhun Korza; The Warrior of Man, Jordan Stone; and the Woman of Learning, Erin Granger. Other key characters from the first two books also return and their stories interconnect. They travel to Italy and the Czech Republic, the Pyrenees and even further, hoping to keep the Apocalypse from starting. The team must battle a demon named Legion and face Lucifer himself. Very little time is left.

Blood Infernal has a wonderful and thrilling plot. It's a page-turning ride from the beginning to its powerful conclusion. I'm sad that the story is over but I enjoyed reading it very much. When I first started the trilogy I wasn't sure I would enjoy it nearly as much as I did. I loved the historical aspects along with some very strong and believable characters. Initially I questioned the need for the vampires but they added extra layers to the story. I highly recommend reading the books in order to enjoy the full story, beginning with Blood of the Gospels. ( )
  Olivermagnus | Jun 29, 2016 |
Book Description
In a masterpiece of supernatural mystery and apocalyptic prophecy, New York Times bestselling authors James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell bring to a thunderous conclusion their epic trilogy of novels set between the worlds of shadow and light, between salvation and damnation, where the very gates of Hell must be shattered to discover the true fate of humankind in...

Blood Infernal

As an escalating scourge of grisly murders sweeps the globe, archaeologist Erin Granger must decipher the truth behind an immortal prophecy foretold in the Blood Gospel, a tome written by Christ and lost for centuries: The shackles of Lucifer have been loosened, and his Chalice remains lost. It will take the light of all three to forge the Chalice anew and banish him again to his eternal darkness. With the Apocalypse looming, Erin must again join forces with Army Sergeant Jordan Stone and Father Rhun Korza to search for a treasure lost for millennia. But the prize has already fallen into the hands of their enemy, a demon named Legion, before whom even the walls of the Vatican will fall.

The search for the key to salvation will take Erin and the others across centuries and around the world, from the dusty shelves of the Vatican's secret archives to lost medieval laboratories, where ancient alchemies were employed to horrific ends. All the while, they are hunted, besieged by creatures of uncanny skill and talent. As clues are dug free from ancient underground chapels and found frozen in icy mountain caverns, Erin will discover that the only hope for victory lies in an impossible act--one that will destroy not only her, but all she loves. To protect the world, Erin must walk through the very gates of Hell and face the darkest of enemies: Lucifer himself.

With The Blood Gospel, the first novel in the Order of the Sanguines series, James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell combined science, myth, and religion to introduce a breathtaking world where miracles hold new meaning and the fight for good over evil is far more complicated than we ever dreamed. And now, in this epic conclusion to the Sanguines trilogy, Blood Infernal, they take us to the very pit of Hell itself, making us peer into the abyss and face our greatest fears, to answer the ultimate question: What price will we pay for true salvation?

My Review
This is a fantastic trilogy written by two very talented authors. Their combined effort proves to be a success as their great writing allows for your imagination to see and feel what the characters are going through. The plot is very creative and the characters are well-developed. It is filled with lots of action involving mystery, history, science and Biblical references. With this battle between good and evil, the reader must suspend belief in a few areas and just enjoy the ride. I now look forward to reading more from these authors and I highly recommend this trilogy to those who enjoy a story of epic proportions. ( )
  EadieB | Jun 24, 2016 |
This is the third book in the Order of the Sanguinists trilogy. The book had everything the the final book in a series should have...epic battles, a strong love story (or two) and answers for any remaining questions.

The series rated 4 to 4.5 for me with each book getting higher marks as the tension built and the story unfolded. ( )
  bhabeck | Jun 21, 2016 |

Rollins, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cantrell, Rebeccamain authorall editionsconfirmed
Cantrell, Rebeccamain authorall editionsconfirmed

"The third installment in the bestselling gothic series, about an ancient order who speak the truth behind Christ's miracles and strive to protect the world from evil from New York Times bestselling authors James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell"--

James Rollins is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,812,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible