Amy Butler's In Stitches: More Than 25…

Amy Butler's In Stitches: More Than 25 Simple and Stylish Sewing Projects

by Amy Butler

This book is everything that I want a simple, beginner craft book to be!

Her instructions tell you precisely what type of fabric should be used and why. In fact, sometimes the instructions border on the "isn't that obvious?" variety. In my experience, it is the little (obvious to some) details that go overlooked and are missing from pattern books.

I like that each pattern easily complements the next and that this collection of patterns truly can be made for one household. I also like that they range from the simple afternoon project (e.g. placemats & napkins) to the more complex (e.g. quilt). ( )
  bookcaterpillar | Dec 9, 2009 |
Had this book only a couple of weeks and have already made one of the projects. The patterns are simple and directions easy to understand, but that is part of the charm. The completed item is unique and better than store bought. And using the completed project gives such a sense of accomplishment. I can't wait to find the time to put together something else. ( )
  belleek | Nov 3, 2009 |
Charming projects, but I didn't feel a need to make any of them. Also, the patterns aren't particularly complex, so really you're just paying to see the style, use of colour, etc. I've bought one of her dress patterns on the back of reading this. ( )
  RomneyMarsh | Oct 17, 2009 |
I LOVE this book. Gorgeous pictures, simple instructions. I haven't had the opportunity to make anything from the book but I will. ( )
  r0ckcandy | Apr 9, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0811851591, Spiral-bound)

Celebrated designer Amy Butler brings her fresh, modern style to the timeless craft of sewing. In this lavishly illustrated collection of patterns, she presents more than 25 charming projects ranging from cushy floor cushions to smart aprons to stylish handbags. Our innovative packaging makes for easy usepattern sheets are neatly tucked into a folder on the inside cover of this full-color, lay-flat spiralbound book. Lush photographs inspire, while how-to illustrations and straightforward text (minus the confusing sewing lingo) make it a cinch to achieve beautifully finished projects. In addition, Amy offers thoughtful tips on finding and treating new or vintage fabrics, an easy-to-navigate techniques section, and a glossary and resource guide at back. Whether it's chic placemats and napkins for the kitchen, a luxurious kimono-style robe for the bath, or handy organizer baskets for the home office Amy Butler's In Stitches makes it easy to create beautiful accessories for every room and every mood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:48 -0400)

Offers twenty-five projects ranging from floor cushions to handbags, includes detailed pattern sheets, step-by-step instructions, fabric tips, a guide to sewing techniques, a glossary, and a resource section.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,644,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible