Edge of End by Suren Hakobyan

Edge of End

by Suren Hakobyan

287389,858 (3)None

While reading this book I kept think Wow this has got to be based on someones' dream world or something since it sounded so much like some of the weird dreams I have found myself in. I especially liked the story once I realized it as kind of a second chance at life and living for good or bad. I liked the message and the writing was well done.

I received this book through LibraryThing Giveaway for my honest review. ( )
  Kimmyd76 | Nov 1, 2015 |
I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.

[Edge of End] by [Suren Hakobyan] was a really good concept and I really wanted to like it but I think it was a little too wordy. Perhaps it may have worked better as a short story. It was also obvious that English was not the authors first language. I would recommend that the author seek a good editor because the ideas are there they just need some refining. ( )
  MsHooker | Jan 4, 2015 |
Excellent teen novel. I enjoyed it as an adult. Any zombie genre lover, or demon storyline reader will appreciate this book. This book has no "zombies' in it, but there is a taste of gore to it that reminds me of zombie writers. Totally appropriate for tweens, although the adult problems in the book will probably bore anyone younger than teen age. Great original concept! ( )
  chutchi | Dec 21, 2014 |
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Oh man, where do I start with this book? I wanted to like it, I really did. I had expectations of a creepy town in the middle of nowhere, filled with mysteries and monsters. My mind was churning with possible explanations and theories for this book. That was not what I got. About three pages in, I realised that this book was going to be a struggle to read.

If you ignore the awkwardly phrased sentences, you still have to deal with the poor grammar and punctuation. If you can manage to get past that, you've got to figure out where in the hell this book is actually taking place because the characters use the word "daresay" all the goddamn time and I'm 98% sure I've never heard someone use that word so much in conversational English before. And if, through some stretch of the imagination, you can find it in yourself to continue reading through all of that, you have to deal with being talked down to throughout the entire book. Why is it necessary to not only unnecessarily repeat facts over and over and over, but also provide definitions for words because the reader might just be dumb enough to not know what it means?

“When I say uncouth, I mean his tone wasn’t gentle.”

Really? Really. I started highlighting things in this book that were weirdly phrased, incorrect grammatically, or just made me stop and think "hang on, what am I actually reading right now?" At least a third of this book was highlighted. There were some pages almost completely covered in green. And the sad thing is, most of the problems I had with this book could have been easily fixed if it had been run through a good proofreader and editor. The idea of this book had so much potential, but the execution of it fell on it's face a bit.

It took me weeks to finish this book because I'd only be able to read about five pages before having to put it down again. I cleaned my house, I read several other books, I did some art projects, I played with the cats, I watched hours and hours of YouTube and old sci-fi shows and the Food Network. Anything other than pick this book up again.

This book made me start to resent reading, and I'm not sure I can quite forgive it for that.

This review is also posted on GoodReads. ( )
  Emily.Stroup | Nov 23, 2014 |
I will have to disagree with the other two reviews that I read. I really enjoyed reading this book even though I knew it was fantasy. It made me stop and think about what it would be like to be stuck between two worlds. The demons or spirits were a little unbelievable in some spots, but overall I considered it a very good read. Congratulations to Suren for making me think about what might be possible? ( )
  pomlover2 | Nov 21, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Suren Hakobyan's book Edge of End was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Suren Hakobyan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,993,031 books! | Top bar: Always visible