Glamour of the God-Touched (Saga of the…

Glamour of the God-Touched (Saga of the God-Touched Mage Book 1)

by Ron Collins

199787,888 (3.33)2

Not to bad

Overall I enjoyed the book. It could use some edits, and I'll admit I was bugged that it ended so quickly. I may grab a collected Edition later on.

But overall I very much enjoyed reading this. The storyline is an interesting one, and I'm curious to know more about this young man and the path he has been set down. And the World At Large. ( )
  LunarKnight | Nov 25, 2018 |
So, I won't be properly reviewing these books until I'm done with the entire series, as they are so short there just isn't much to write about individually, but I will say that if you've ever wondered what a high fantasy story would be like if you cut away all the extraneous storylines and characters and just got right to the meat of the story, this is for you, as that is exactly what Ron Collins is doing with these books. ( )
  tapestry100 | Apr 1, 2015 |
The beginning of an epic fantasy that looks set to develop into a fantastic series!

Synopsis:

Garrick is an apprentice to the mage Alistair, he works hard and his life is set out for him. But not everything is right in the world. There are stirrings of war between the mage clans, and the Torean mages are in danger. All this Garrick is unaware of, as he innocently walks the local barmaid home, but tragedy strikes and in order to save the life of the lovely girl he is given the power of the gods. He saves her life, but at what cost?

Review:

I really enjoyed this one! I love a good fantasy novel and just seeing the cover had me intrigued. It’s very short and it feels like we’re just getting the beginning of what is about to happen, but that just made me want more! I am currently about to start book two and I can’t wait to see how the story develops,

There are loads of unique elements about this that I enjoyed. I also liked the different layers to the story, it’s not all just about Garrick dealing with these horrific powers, it’s also about the Torean mages being massacred and the other houses banding together in order to eradicate them. It’s certainly action packed, and flows really well. There are no boring chapters, it moves at a good pace and it’s well written. The different characters stand out and it definitely leaves you looking for more.

It’s definitely worth checking out if you’re a fan of epic fantasy, and there is lots of potential for the story to go in different directions, with battles and magic galore. The story is well written and unique, though very short - luckily the next volume has just been released and so you don’t have long to wait. If however you are looking for something of a longer length, then perhaps awaiting an omnibus edition would be preferable! ( )
  ColeReadsBooks | Jan 20, 2015 |
A fast read that left me wanting to know what happens next. And interesting story about magic and mages and the wars between them. ( )
  Tamarack29 | Jan 3, 2015 |
It was good but I have a feeling that it is missing some meat. Everything happen too fast and, since I am french, it was difficult for me to read (I dont ussualy have difficulty reading in english). It was my firts book of this style. I am not sure if I will try the second. ( )
  NaNalilo | Dec 26, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ron Collins's book Glamour of the God-Touched was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Ron Collins is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,793,228 books! | Top bar: Always visible