You Have to F*****g Eat by Adam Mansbach

You Have to F*****g Eat (2014)

by Adam Mansbach

Other authors: Owen Brozman (Illustrator)

2014 (1) animals (2) ARC (1) audible (3) Audible Audio (1) audio (3) audiobooks (1) book country (3) boy (1) cataloged (1) children's (1) Early Reviewers (1) fiction (2) frustration (1) funny (2) gift (2) humor (16) kids (1) library (1) November 14 (1) pages (1) parenting (3) parody (2) picture book (5) poetry (2) sequel (1) series (1) to-read (7) toddler (1) Z1 (1)

Oh wow. Laughing with tears. tears are real though- because I have a kid who doesn't fucking eat :) ( )
  soontobefree | Dec 6, 2017 |
Another hilarious story by Adam Mansbach. This one is very similar to Go the F*** to Sleep. Colorfully illustrated and a laugh out loud story.

4**** ( )
  Mischenko | Nov 30, 2017 |
Admittedly this is crass and I wouldn't talk like this to my kids, but the genius of this book and the original Go to F--k to Sleep is that it captures the exasperation every parent feels as they try to get their children to do what is best for them. This made me laugh. ( )
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |
Not nearly as good as Go The Fuck To Sleep. I mean, it's tough to hit that level every time... ( )
  amcheri | Aug 22, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
You Have to Fucking Eat By Adam Mansbach is a follow-up to his first book, Go the Fuck to Sleep. In my opinion the first book was more humorous. Both books offer many examples of behavior any parent has experienced. While I never instructed my son to sleep or eat in an expletive laced dialogue I can, definitely, relate.

Obviously this is a book for adults and is inappropriate to read to a child. I state that because I have read a few comments where people are appalled at this “children’s” book. Anyone who has reared a child knows the frustration of dinner time at one time or another. Since reading this latest work of Adam Mansbach I have learned there is an audio version read by Bryan Cranston. His previous book, Go the Fuck to Sleep, is read by Samuel Jackson.

I give this book a 3 ½ for crude humor but once you’ve read it you won’t read it again. Obviously not a classic, just an amusing foray for parents with picky eaters. ( )
  SquirrelHead | Jun 25, 2015 |

Adam Mansbachprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brozman, OwenIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cranston, BryanReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The sunrise is golden and lovely.

In this sequel to his book Go the fuck to sleep, Mansbach addresses the trials and tribulations of a parent who is trying to get his/her little angel to eat something that even vaguely resembles a normal meal. Profane, affectionate, and radically honest.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Adam Mansbach's book You Have to F***ing Eat was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,535 books! | Top bar: Always visible