A Cursed Bloodline: A Weird Girls Novel by…

A Cursed Bloodline: A Weird Girls Novel

by Cecy Robson

~ 4 Cursed Bloodline Stars ~

ARC A Cursed Bloodline

A Cursed Bloodline is book four in the Weird Girls series by Cecy Robson. We are taken on an action packed emotional ride in each and every installment. Ms. Robson does her trade mark writing, where everything and anything can happen. We get action, adventure, heartache, lose, twist, turns, suspense, surprise, and it all revolves around Celia Weird.

As always we get so much happening that I don’t know where to begging or end. Fans that have enjoyed the Weird Girls so far will enjoy this latest installment. I suggest you have a box of tissues while reading this novel. I cried. I laughed. I yelled. I sighed. I said oh no…

A Cursed Bloodline starts of with news we have been waiting for, but it comes with the knowledge that she has so much more to lose. She must fight and sacrifice to protect those she loves. Everyone, even family does not understand why she makes the choices she does and she can’t tell them. Aric hates her, her sister’s think she is crazy, but Danny, our Blue Merle wolf, is a true friend sticking by her no matter what and of course he figures out what is happening. We get a little glimpse into his powers and what he can do that makes him special among the wolves. Halfway through the book we get another turn of events and it was about time things changed in Celia’s life. It is still a hard bump road for her, but Celia is true to herself and fights for what she wants. Destiny, our sear vamp, makes another appearance and surprise surprise we get more clarification on her vision. There are a few back storylines going on with the sisters and I would like to see them get their own books someday.

I still have some issues with some characters in this book. Aric he still has not redeemed himself in my eyes after everything he put Celia through. Then Misha OMG (you will know the moment I am talking about, where I said oh no you did not do that). I also felt a little overwhelmed as so much happens in this book (maybe too much).

The Weird Girls are an emotional read, full of magic and action that keep you coming back for more. As always this was another emotional roller coaster ride for me and I am waiting to see where things go from here.

Disclaimer: ARC provided by Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
While BookLikes spent the day driving me into a panic by going down for many, many hours (never, ever do that again!!!) and leaving me with nothing to amuse myself while trapped in a boring day of work, I was forced to load up iBooks and fish around for a stray e-book to read. I hate reading off a computer but desperate times and all that...

Anywhoo... I had this one sitting there since it first came out; I'd bought it because I'd read the rest of the series, but then ignored it because the 3rd book was unbelievably high in angst and drowning in its Romeo and Juliet aspirations and I was pretty sure this one would be worse.

I was not disappointed with my disappointment. This was one long ode to romantic martyrdom and I skimmed a lot of it; there was only so much angst my already angsty self (thanks for that BL!) could take and Celia's story was one long "Woe is me!" soliloquy. There was a lot of action, but there are only so many fight scenes a person can read before they all blend together into one big arterial bleed. I stuck with it because I really like Celia's sisters, a few of the weres, and Misha, the vampire. And also, because I was just that bored.

I will not be reading another one. ( )
  murderbydeath | Nov 12, 2016 |
This book was pretty brutal. For a pregnant woman she sure gets kicked around a LOT in this book. It got to that point where I was all, please! Please, do not have people beat her up anymore!

Right, so the book is violent. I guess you already guessed that. Someone is hurting her and it's not pretty. Then there is the whole I am preggers and no one knows angle. And of course the I must stay away from Aric and it breaks me angle. It does not make for a happy book. Everyone is miserable. Everyone!

But Celia is trying to get out of the corner she has been backed into. I have forgiven Aric and I just want them together. I still love Misha, poor Misha :/ He needs a woman. Anyway, the way out of that corner is filled with fights, blood and heartache.

One thing, a lot happened, not always in a good way. There was just a lot going on, they just jumped from one thing to another. But oh well, at least I was never bored then. Non stop action.

And then that thing at the end, omg, evil. I just want everyone to be happy. Please make everyone happy.

Looking forward to more. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
Celia Wird is being threatened by a werewolf Elder, Anara, to stay away from her mate Aric, or he will kill the people she loves.

Let me start by saying poor Celia. I cannot believe all the stuff the girl had to endure during this book. Needless to say I have a ton of respect for her character as a result. She is strong and selfless.

The vampires are hilarious. I could totally picture the Catholic schoolgirl persona. They definitely lighten the mood; the things that come out of their mouths cracked me up. In addition, the tension between the vampires and wolves is well done.

The character development throughout the books in exceptional; so many of the characters grow throughout the story making the reader feel invested in them.

A Cursed Bloodline has a fabulous plot with numerous things going on. Just when you think, our heroes are going to catch a break something else happens. I truly enjoyed this story and look forward to the next book in the series.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Mar 14, 2015 |
Originally posted at The Bookaholic Cat

A Cursed Bloodline is the fourth book in the Weird Girls series by Cecy Robson.

A Cursed Bloodline continues were Cursed by Destiny (third book) left on. Celia and her sisters are dealing with the aftermaths of what happened in Cursed by Destiny and trying to be supporting for their mates, at least those who still have a mate. Celia has something else on her plate, she just found out she’s pregnant with Aric’s child. A noticed that should have brought her happiness only brings more complications and sadness to her life. After she received an ultimatum from Amara instead of sharing the good news with those close to her she’s forced to hide her pregnancy and to cut ties with her loved ones, all to protect them. The only problem is she can’t be honest with them and tell them what’s going on therefore they can’t understand what’s going on with her and why she’s behaving so erratically.
Celia is not completely alone, Danny realized what’s going on with her and is trying to help her, but that help only complicate things with Celia’s sisters and the wolves.

A Cursed Bloodline is the darkest book in the series. Cecy really went the extra mile in this one making her characters suffer page after page. Sometimes I really think she enjoys too much making her characters and us suffer.
Poor Celia didn’t have a breather on this installment. She suffered attack after attack, so much I had to take some breaks while reading this book, because it was emotionally exhausting. Also, in this installment, because of the seriousness of the story and the distance between the characters we didn’t get as much comic relief as we got in previous books, this made of A Cursed Bloodline a even darker book.

Celia goes through so much in this installment that she can’t help but grow throughout the pages to keep up with what’s going on in her life. Without her sisters by her side she not only has to find new friends and allies, but also she was to take a more leader approach to survive everything Evil Cecy threw in her path.

One thing I have to mention about A Cursed Bloodline is that Cecy’s imagination and creativity have no limit. OMG! She left me flabbergasted with all the elements she included in the story. She went where no author has gone before, did three turns around, stop for coffee and donuts and came back. That’s how freaky creative she is… I wish I could live in her head for a day… what a trip that would be.

As I said before Cecy is also not afraid of making us suffer and she proves it once again with the demise of a loved character… Sadly, it wasn’t Aric, Ok, I’m not kidding, but I still haven’t forgiven him. I think he was an ass and didn’t fight enough for Celia. I think Celia deserves better. Talking about better, I have to talk to Misha. I loved him in previous book and I kind of loved him in this one. I know he’s not the perfect man for Celia, but my heart can’t help but hurt from him. I just hope he gets his well-deserved HEA soon, very soon, and with the person I think is perfect for him. *winks*

Because of the circumstances Celia’s sisters don’t play a big role in this installment, still it’s pretty obvious they will do anything for one another and do so when it’s necessary.

A character that deserves a shout out is Danny. He is a great friend and despite his limitations he risks everything for those he loves. I’m so glad his future is a bit brighter and his place in the pack was cemented after the role he played in the resolution of the story.

Now about the resolution, I have one thing to say. I hate when the villain is killed off page and that’s what happened in A Cursed Bloodline. After everything we saw Celia suffer under the hands of Anara I think we deserved to see his demise on page. Sadly it didn’t happen, we only got third party recollections of the event.

As always, Cecy’s writing is top notch, she kept us engaged in this adventure with twists and turns that were completely unexpected, she brought us heartbreaks and joyous moments, and made her characters grow and evolve page after page. My only complain that is actually not a complain, but more like a comment… I can’t believe I’m saying this, but there was a lot of action in this book, maybe a bit too much. As I said before, A Cursed Bloodline was emotionally draining. I applaud Cecy for bringing all those emotions in me, that only shows her gift with words, but… I hope things will be a bit calmer and less crazy for Celia and the rest of the cast in next book in the series, A Curse Unbroken, to be released on March 10th, 2015.

I recommend A Cursed Bloodline to urban fantasy fans, but I also recommend reading these books in order to get the full effect of the wonderful series Cecy Robson has created. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,582,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible