Oden (The Invasion Trilogy Book 3) by…

Oden (The Invasion Trilogy Book 3)

by Jessica Frances

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byKathrynSvendsen

Oden is the third book in the Invasion Trilogy by Jessica Frances and it delivers all the punch and action of the first two. You won’t be disappointed in this installment. Jeprow and his claws have Oden under attack and Oden is losing and that means that the humans will lose everything too.

While Ival still can’t stand the sight of Mattie, knowing that she carries Marduke’s child, he knows he needs the help of his brother if there is any hope of winning this war against Jeprow. We learn a lot more about Ival’s character in this book.

I liked how Oden touched on a topic that we still have difficulty dealing with in our multicultural society today – racism. Whether it’s differences between cultures on different continents or different planets, racism is still racism.

When Mattie overhears Ival and Marduke heatedly discussing using the humans as a distraction/sacrifice so they can get to the aircraft, she becomes infuriated at Marduke for using innocent human lives in a fight they had nothing to do with. She wants nothing more to do with him.

This plot twist, along with several others, makes it look pretty unlikely that Mattie and her family will ever get back to Earth and highly improbable that Marduke will ever see Mattie again if they even survive this war. Add to that Mattie’s sister Hannah dislikes (hates?) Marduke and does not want to see them together.

Oden is written for adults, with adult language, profanity and some sexual content.

I think that the Invasion Trilogy is a great read overall for all apocalyptic fans. I rated Oden at 4 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publisher for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

This review was published on my blog Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2014/10/oden-blog-tour-and-giveaway... ( )
  KathrynSvendsen | Oct 31, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,571,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible