King of Me (King Trilogy, #3) by Mimi Jean…

King of Me (King Trilogy, #3)

by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

Finale to Mia and King's story. I loved the series and will definitely look for more from this author. ( )
  wndy2011 | Jul 25, 2016 |
3.5 Stars

"I believe a little darkness is healthy in a person. Good for the soul."

I've read this trilogy mainly without pause - it was certainly a different form of dark romance. There were as many mysteries and secrets as there were other plot elements, and it was written in a way where I couldn't figure out the truth from behind the smokescreen most of the time.

Sometimes I wasn't sure how much I'd end up liking but was hoping the author would pull out saving notes - I don't like when the bad and good are split up, it came across a bit cheesy sometimes, and angering another with a particular betrayal scene from King on the island. And - while a major plot device in the book was interesting and well done Time travel - sometimes it grew a little old since I'm not into that kind of thing as a general rule.

I loved all the versions of King besides that one horrid scene during date night on the island in present times. Mia herself was less likable for the first few chapters of the book, but she becomes the Mia I knew and loved soon enough.

In the end the plot isn't without some holes - it's definitely ambitious in what it tries to be and tropes it attempts using with time travel, monsters, weird rituals, daggers and artifacts, confusing stuff. Most of it works but inevitably there's some questions still left and not everything makes sense.

The ending wasn't perfect but the epilogue was sweet, although it brings something unconventional and daring into familiar and predictable territory. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,026,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible