Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel by C.D. Gorri

Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel

by C.D. Gorri

631,268,033 (4)None
fantasy (1) favorites (1) fiction (1) free (1) magic (1) mystery (1) paranormal (3) read-for-review (1) romance (1) teen (1) werewolves (1) witches (1) wolf (1) YA (1) ya-novels (1)

Grazi is a school age kid living with her Catholic grandma, uncle, and the uncle's stereotypical family. A long drawn out process to discover Grazi is a werewolf, the Catholic church's version of a hellhound, and that is supposed to mean something.

Despite the 4 and 5 star reviews, this book reads in the 2 and 3 star category. Flat one dimensional characters, abrupt changes, lack of detail, the story reads like the pong ball just bouncing around. Most of the book (75%) could have been condensed greatly to help the book.

At the 75% point of the book, I just didn't care anymore. The baited line had been dragged enough that it could have slapped me a dozen times and I wouldn't believe the book was finally getting somewhere. This book was a set up for the next (just start on the second one) and after reading the entire thing it shows.

Maybe in the future Gorri will let an editor near Wolf Moon to make it the diamond it could be instead of the quartz it currently is.
  KariHolloway | Nov 17, 2016 |
( I received this book free from the Author in exchange for my honest review)

3.5 Stars

I quite enjoyed this novel. But I did find, for me, that the beginning was slow, and slightly dull. That and, I didn't actually start enjoying the book till about, 75% in. What kept me reading were the little hints of something more and the griping foreshadowing.

The story did lack description, making some of the scenes fell short. For example, there is a diner scene, Grazi and her friend are talking about a game, (called Wolf Moon). This game was portrayed as something important to the story line. But It ended fast (the food didn't even show up) and then we're suddenly back in Grazi's room, with no transition between the two. I was left confused about the whole scenario, because it actually leads you astray from the main plot, it has no purpose. Edit: I have read the second book, and the game has more of a background and purpose. That scene was kind of an intro, or set up, for the next book. But I stand by what I said, the transition could have been done better.

At times the story did feel, to me, hollow and under developed. The writing at times, made me feel like I was reading a very rough draft of a student’s assignment.

But

As I said, the story does start to pick up, and it gets really good, especially the writing.

Everything starts to get interesting when Ronan shows up. I didn't feel any emotions until he entered the picture. It was like Grazi was a robot; dull, grey, and just lifeless. Ronan brought colour and light, making Grazi became human, making her heart became human. Because common, she was pretty stony for the first half of the book. (Just saying..)

I'm ecstatic I got a chance to read this book; I never would have read it my own. And though there are some structural problems and dullness, it almost works. As Grazi becomes more aware of herself and her wolf, the writing gets better and her feelings, emotions, are painted with colour and brightness.

I'm hooked on this story. I have to know what happens; I have to know how it ends for Grazi and her family.

I will, without a doubt be reading the second book.

I highly recommend this read; you will be presently surprised on how it latches onto your heart/mind and makes you constantly think about what's going to happen next.

Thank you to the Author for letting me read this diamond in the rough. >.
"Remember, every word, every sentence, has a hidden meaning when it comes to a book." - By Unknown

Happy Reading

Emily ( )
  E.A.Walsh | Jun 10, 2015 |
4 ½ of 5 Stars

For Grazi Kelly, being a sophomore in high school is hard enough; now add finding out you are a werewolf whose job it is to stop evil demons and witches.

I really liked Grazi Kelly. Having gone to Catholic school, I found it easy to relate to her. She handles difficult situations well. I felt bad for the way her cousin and aunt treat her. They are both simply evil. At least, her grandmother was around for some support.

I enjoyed all the mystery surrounding her uncle and Ronan. They are both interesting characters that help her understand who she is meant to be.

The novel was well-written and easy to read. It was one of those books you don’t want to put down.

Wolf Moon is an amazing novel. The story is clever and invigorating. The plot was surprising and carefully thought out. I look forward to the next book in the series.

Complimentary copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Oct 21, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,077,835 books! | Top bar: Always visible