First Love: Samantha's Love and Romance…

First Love: Samantha's Love and Romance Series Book 1

by Denise Daniella Darcy

222,551,640 (2.5)None
Recently added byShoosty, Ash_P

No tags.

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Samantha is working in Boston for her uncle. She has completed high school but never had a boyfriend. Until the police catch her breaking into her office because she locked herself out.

There is no plot, the characters were flat and the sex (there was no love in this story) was completely unrealistic. I would definitely not recommend this book to any young adult or teen. ( )
  Shoosty | Jan 19, 2015 |
Book 1 is an entertaining and light read. Considering the book is about Samantha's sex life I get that the author gets pretty much straight to the point. But here is where I will get up on to my soapbox for a bit. The book is labelled for Young Adults and Teens. It's on the header of every page. But the question raised in my mind was, Would I like my teenager to read this? Jump into bed with the first guy who shows an interest, that too for her first time and without any birth control or protection? That's just straight up irresponsible writing. So my suggestion would be to reconsider a rewrite, look at the bigger picture and take stock of the kind of impression you want to leave on your readers. ( )
  Ash_P | Dec 17, 2014 |
Read this as part of Early Reviewers. Unprotected sex, characters undeveloped and too much sex for the limited plot provided.
added by mverga | editLibrary thing Member giveaway, Meg Verga

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Denise Daniella Darcy's book First Love: Samantha's Love and Romance Series Book 1 was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Denise Daniella Darcy's book First Love: Samantha's Love and Romance Series Book 1 was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Denise Daniella Darcy is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,242,953 books! | Top bar: Always visible