Waiting For Doggo by Mark Mills

Waiting For Doggo (2014)

by Mark Mills

2015 (1) 2016 (1) dog (1) dogs (1) fiction (1) Hce (1) humor (1) Lakritsboktips (1) love (1) October 2014 (1) pub (1) read (2) read in 2014 (1) relationer (1) romance (1) Skön (1) the cambridge curry club (1) to-read (1) Vine (1) Vuxen (1)

What a lovely story about Dan and Doggo. Very easy and light read. ( )
  dianestm | Feb 10, 2015 |
Waiting for Doggo is a lovely little read, just a little over 200 pages in length. It tells of Dan, whose girlfriend of 4 years just ups and leaves him one day. She leaves behind Doggo, who she has only just got from Battersea Dogs Home. Doggo is not the most attractive dog but manages to melt the hearts of most of Dan's new colleagues and indeed Dan himself.

This didn't turn out to be the doggy story I expected, but more about Dan's life and how it changes after Clara leaves him. It's fun, warm and, most importantly, not sugary sweet. I would never have chosen it if it had not been for the recommendation of friends because I had read a Mark Mills book before and not liked it that much. I'm glad I did read it because it was so enjoyable and I loved Doggo! ( )
  nicx27 | Nov 1, 2014 |
What a fabulous book that flowed so well I just didn't want to put it down. To begin with, I was reading this in tutor lessons at school - we spend 20 minutes each morning reading and I took this in; this wasn't enough and I brought it home after a few days as I wanted to continue reading it. It is a simplistic story about Dan and the dog he is left to look after, after his girlfriend of four years (Clara) leaves him without warning. There are intentions to return the dog back to where he came from but something prevents Dan from doing so.

What follows is a tale of bonding, friendship and moving on (for both Doggo and Dan). As Dan moves through changes in his life - girls, jobs and a family crisis, his relationship with Doggo develops as well. I enjoyed every step of their life as I was reading it. I was truly gutted when I reached the last page as I hadn't realised it actually was the last page. With a proof copy there are often a few extra blank pages and this was the case here, so for me I was certain I'd had a few more pages to read and there wasn't. I felt sad lol! Anyway, read it for yourself and I hope you enjoy it as much as me. I enjoyed it in the 'Marley and Me' type of novel but it didn't have the inevitable tweeness that comes with a novel like that. ( )
  SmithSJ01 | Oct 27, 2014 |
For Benny
Dear Daniel, God, that sounds so formal.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,026,772 books! | Top bar: Always visible