TimeStorm by Steve Harrison

TimeStorm

by Steve Harrison

611,268,033 (4)None

The HMS Marlin is nearing its long journey from England to New South Wales carrying a load of the most barbaric murderers and thieves, convicts, destined for a life of servitude. The trip has been harrowing, plagued with bad weather, and the crew had suffered great losses. On the horizon is yet another storm, this one looks more ominous than any they have encountered. As the storm surrounds them the ship is sucked into a whirlpool and the crew prepare to die – as they have lived – on the sea. Suddenly all is clear and they are still standing. Is this Heaven? No. It’s Sydney 2017.

I thoroughly enjoyed this time travel story. I loved the characters, both crew and convicts, as they ventured on their ill fated trip to New South Wales. I was so enthralled by these characters that I was a bit annoyed when the story first crossed to Sydney 2017 and Karen is introduced into the story. I didn’t want to be taken away from the Marlin and its crew. Anyway my annoyance was short lived and Karen is very relevant to the whole story.

Being a Sydneysider the sights and streets were easy to visualise. I could feel their awe at seeing the harbour bridge, the buildings and opera house. I could see the convicts sitting on the park bench.
There was also the added connection of being a descendant of a convict, hopefully not as brutal as those on the Marlin. My great great Grandfather was tried and transported to New South Wales in 1835 for passing counterfeit coins.

The twist toward the end was great and tied the whole story together. I highly recommend this story filled with violence, adventure, suspense, humour and a touch of romance.
I’m hoping there will be a sequel. I’m not ready to let go of Kit and Karen just yet.

Thank you to Steve Harrison for my “signed” copy to read and review ( )
  Ronnie293 | Nov 23, 2014 |

An old-fashioned hero, dragged into the 21st century... literally. In 1795 a convict ship leaves England for New South Wales in Australia. Nearing its destination, it encounters a savage storm but, miraculously, their battered ship stays afloat and limps into Sydney Harbour. Here, the convicts rebel, overpower the crew and the make their escape, destroying the ship in the process. Fleeing the sinking vessel with only the clothes on their backs, the survivors struggle ashore. Among the escaped convicts, seething resentments fuel an appetite for brutal revenge against their former captors while, for their part, the crew attempts to track down and kill or recapture the escapees. However, it soon becomes apparent both the convicts and crew have more to concern them than shipwreck and a ruthless fight for survival; they have arrived in Sydney in 2017.… (more)

Steve Harrison is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Elsewhen Press

An edition of this book was published by Elsewhen Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,317 books! | Top bar: Always visible