Your Water Footprint: The Shocking Facts…

Your Water Footprint: The Shocking Facts About How Much Water We Use to… (original 2014; edition 2014)

by Stephen Leahy (Author)

Member:gregvogl
Title:Your Water Footprint: The Shocking Facts About How Much Water We Use to Make Everyday Products
Authors:Stephen Leahy (Author)
Info:Firefly Books (2014), 144 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:environment

Your water footprint by Stephen Leahy (2014)

The subtitle pretty says what the book is about. The first and last two chapters (the introduction, conclusion and “Water Saving Tips”) are more text, while the rest of the chapters are made up, primarily, of infographics to make it easier to visualize how much water is used on making those everyday products.

This was interesting. I think the graphics really help to understand the measurements a bit better than just a giant number in litres or gallons. The chapters that were all text did get a bit bogged down, so parts were a little bit dry. There was just a lot of information, but I think the book (and particularly, the infographics) helps open our eyes to how dire the situation is and may become. The “Water Saving Tips” at the end does help provide suggestions of things we can all do to help. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jun 4, 2017 |
Concise, and easy to read, with lots of graphs and charts that unfortunately don't always match the text. The work could have gained another star by more closely checking to make sure they didn't contradict themselves. Overall, good information presented in an easy to read format; hopefully, if they come out with another edition, they'll fix the things that are less than informative. ( )
  Devil_llama | Oct 1, 2016 |
This book will make you think twice about the water that you use; in the things you buy and the way you drive. An important book that demonstrates that we should be as worried about our water consumption as global warming and that the two are inexorably linked. ( )
  literaryperuser | Jun 2, 2015 |
Do you know you're wearing water?

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,323,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible