From Pursuit to Presence: How to slow down…

From Pursuit to Presence: How to slow down and find peace in a chaotic and…

by Tiffany Kay

1None3,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byfancett
@1 (1) ebook (1)

No reviews

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 150063087X, Paperback)

We live in a culture of doing. Busyness has become a badge of honour as we push forward in our desire for more — the high-achieving career, the perfect partner, the ideal home and all the trimmings of success.

But are all of these 'mores' really the answer to our quest for happiness?

Along our journey, we have been conditioned to believe that more is better. Well-meaning authority figures in our families and schools taught us from a young age that the acquisition of roles and rewards is the secret to a happy life.

In reality, the path of pursuit is a ceaseless and ultimately unfulfilling quest for happiness. As we strive to achieve what we think will bring us joy, we are more often burdened down by our own choices.

Too many people are now stressed, exhausted and burnt out in their yearning to create a perfect life. It is a never-ending satisfaction hunt that can never be appeased.

Can happiness really be pursued?

From Pursuit to Presence is your guide to side-stepping the rat race and finding the inherent peace and joy that comes from living in the now.

When we pursue, we focus on what is lacking in our lives and set about attempting to close the gap. This sets us up for a lifetime of struggle and strain.

Presence invites you back into the current moment and brings you the joy of opening your arms (and your heart) to life as it is. No more fixing, organising and sorting situations to meet your expectations and demands. Rather, the willingness to return to your innate state of being, without trying to direct or force the natural flow of life.

Presence doesn’t guarantee that life will measure up to your ideals but it does end your resistance to your experiences. When we stay in the now, we stop judging everything as right or wrong and good or bad. All just is — and with that comes peace.

Once we realise that what we really want cannot be pursued, we open up to the discovery of something special — we have been looking for happiness in all the wrong places.

This book is accompanied by a free online course – 20 lessons to support your journey From Pursuit to Presence. More details inside the book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:39 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,100,528 books! | Top bar: Always visible