The Red Door (The Door Series) (Volume 1) by…

The Red Door (The Door Series) (Volume 1)

by J L Massey

411,664,912 (3.5)None
Recently added byToniFGMAMTC, jenniebooks
bdsm (1) erotic (1) m-m-f (1)

This story starts out with scenes from the past, murder mystery style (which I like). It them jumps to where one of the victims is now in life. Throughout each meeting of a character, I was analyzing if they were the killer. I did figure it out before the book made it clear because of a certain statement from the killer, but I'm not going to share that and ruin the plot.

I thought the author made a very good point of providing all the information anyone reading a BDSM book could need. All the acronyms and proper titles are completely explained. The lifestyle is approached in a very educated and mature way. And the reader is told what they're in for right away.If you don't want to see two guys going at it, a girl going down on another girl, or punishments being handed out, then you don't need to go there, because you will see it as well as all other types of sex.

The problems that I had were with the maturity of the characters and the timeline. The two men and one woman fell into an immediate relationship from the first eye contact. I didn't have time to get to that point with them. And I don't think they were ready either because they continuously acted immaturely. I know it was new to them all in different ways so maybe that is how it would go, I don't know.

Because of not feeling invested in the love of ménage relationship, I instead just focused the hottest of it. Two guys? Yes, please! And make them bi...ggggaaaahhhhgggg (that was me just melting). So yeah, I like that idea. The sex scenes were above par really compared to many erotic stories I've read.

So, in summary, loved the idea of two men and a woman, great sex scenes, great explanations of the lifestyles, poor character and relationship developments.

It all wraps up nicely at the end until, wham she hit us with the epilogue. Now, I'm wondering what is going to happen in the next book.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/08/red-door-by-jl-massey-bo... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,030,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible