Light Her Fire by Samanthe Beck

Light Her Fire

by Samanthe Beck

Two words - Sizzling Hot!! Samanthe Beck has out done herself with this one. I thoroughly enjoyed Melody and Josh's story and the sexual chemistry was jumping off the page. I might have enjoyed a bit more on the emotional side of the story but all in all this is a winner. I highly recommend it. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I was in the mood for a feel good romance, and I found just that with this book. Melody is coming off of a very long engagement and now wants to start anew. She is known as a good girl and doesn't mind trying to change that rep a bit. But I like that she doesn't go all slutty looking for a new guy. She is still herself, she just tries to be perhaps a little more daring than she originally would be when going back on the dating scene. She takes things a bit cautiously, but she does ultimately go for it. And I like her because of that. She's a great character.
Josh is kind of your typical handsome bachelor. So naturally he is cocky and blunt and all. He also knows what he's got and knows women want it. So he only really expects sex from them. Until he meets her.
Then everything begins. Plenty of mystery, secrets, and a bit of a suspenseful ending make for a great story. And of course all those sexy times make you need your own fire fighter to put out that fire. Overall I enjoyed going through Melody and Josh's relationship from start to finish. Definitely a recommended read.

This was my first Samanthe Beck book, but I was so thoroughly entertained with reading this that it will not be my last. ( )
  JosP | Feb 11, 2015 |
Light Her Fire is the second book in Beck’s Private Pleasures series. I didn’t think the sequel could top my love for Private Practice, but never have I been so happy to be wrong. Beck brings back the heat hotter than ever, adds in an intriguing arsonist on the lam in Bluelick, and made me fall head over damp panties with one delicious Chief Josh Bradley, a man who doesn’t just put out the fires in the small town of Bluelick. . . he’s the culprit of many, especially the ones starring good girl Melody Merrick and her newly found naughty side.

One of my favorite things about Samanthe Beck is that I can tell she has a funny sense of humor. She has so far succeeded in showing that wicked sense of humor in each of her books. I enjoy my sexy romances with a nice sized dollop of laugh out loud moments, and I can always trust Beck to deliver.

Josh Bradley is the new fire Chief in Bluelick, but he doesn’t plan on sticking around for long. His dream is to head a fire department with a little more excitement than hooligans leaving flaming turds on a grouchy old man’s porch. Things get a little more exciting than he plans when he realizes the small time fires that keep cropping up around town are anything but accidents.

From his small, yet memorable part in Private Practice, I knew I would like Josh’s character, and not just because he was naked, okay not only because he was naked, but because I knew he would be a fun, kinky character, so I was excited to read his story. Chief Bradley definitely delivers in Light Her Fire. He’s a foul mouthed city boy who could give a lady an orgasm just by talking dirty to her. He’s not the romantic type, but the way he use his tongue appears to be romance enough for Melody. . . and for me too! If only he weren’t a fictional character. *sigh*

Not only was Bradley’s character fun, I enjoyed Melody’s as well. After her ten year relationship with her ex-fiance goes down the toilet, she’s ready to shed her good girl image and go after what she wants. . . a casual good time with Bluelick’s newest fire chief. She finds a wicked good time, but is casual enough for her? Not if Chief Bradley’s sexy moves have anything to say about it.

It’s interesting to note that even though Melody was the head cheerleader in a small town, she was a nice one. She isn’t the cliché queen bitch that most characters turn out to be in these small town reads. I’m glad the author went a different way for Melody (and the whole small town, really), because I couldn’t see her as anybody but nice girl with a big heart, and dirty fun in the sack. It’s a nice take on an overused cliche, and I loved it! I’m a huge fan of small town romances, and Bluelick has made my list of favorites.

I had a fun time in this town. Once again, Bluelick and its people has made it’s way into my heart. I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes out for more from Samanthe Beck. I recommend this series for all my contemporary romance friends – It will not disappoint!

❤ - I received this book for free from Night Owl Reviews in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

❤❤ - Check out One Curvy Blogger for reviews, giveaways, interviews, and more!

❤❤❤ - Now accepting review requests, author interviews, and guest blogs.
  One_Curvy_Blogger | Nov 20, 2014 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Sexy and steamy novel with two very adventurous adults. Light Her Fire is a little predictable but the story itself is heartwarming and playful.

Opening Sentence: You’ve hit a new low when the chance to eye-fuck Melody Merritt in Boone’s Market is what passes for excitement in your life.

The Review:

Light Her Fire is a fun, sexy novel about Melody Merrritt and Josh Bradley. It is the second novel in the Private Pleasures series. Melody is a small town girl and she loves her little town of Bluelick. She also really likes the new fire chief in town. Josh is an ambitious firefighter and he really wants to work his way up the ladder *pun intended* by accepting the job as fire chief, hoping that it will lead to a job as fire chief in a bigger city.

Melody has just come off a ten-year engagement and of course is looking for a fun fling, not anything serious. She sees that Josh has eyes for her and so she decides to do something about it. Plus, it helps that he is great on the eyes too. Josh is impressed the blue eyed beauty just walks up to him boldly and asks him out but he is a little worried she is too good for his bad boy ways. He doesn’t have to worry much, Melody is tired of being the good girl so their initial fling happens really quick. A very funny interruption ensues and because of this Josh decides he wants to take Melody on a real date before they get to the fun stuff.

Melody and Josh have some really hot sex and foreplay. A lot of it happens in public. The sex on her front porch could only happen in a small town but since she lives in a neighborhood I don’t see how no one was at least looking out a window even if they weren’t driving by. They definitely seem to like the high of possibly getting caught.

Josh is a bad boy and he really likes his sex. He never hides his past from Melody but since he isn’t from her town, she doesn’t have previous knowledge of it. Josh definitely has an arrogance to his character but it is tied into his ambitions. He knows what he wants and he gets it. Even with his arrogance I really liked Josh, he didn’t lie about himself or what he wants from Melody.

Melody has always planned for her future with her high school sweetheart but when that didn’t pan out, she decides that she must do something for herself now. Her last ten years were wasted so a fling with Josh will help her do some of the things that she has missed out on. She is a fun girl and entirely devoted to her friends and family. I really enjoyed her bold and sexy way of asking out Josh.

One thing that is brought up a couple times by Melody’s friend is that in a relationship she must compromise but Melody never once gives in. That was a little frustrating but I understand that she did ten years of compromising with her previous relationship but she couldn’t even budge with Josh just a little bit.

The actual plot of the story was a little predictable and not entirely surprising. I don’t want to spoil anything but its not hard to figure out what will eventually happen because of one sexual encounter and the fact that Josh is a firefighter. Once again the sex was incredibly hot, but it kind of fizzles out for the last quarter of the book. I guess there were too many life altering choices happening for the characters to even think about sex.

I haven’t had the privilege of reading Private Practice yet, which is the first book in this series, but with the hilarious glimpses of the main characters during this book really have me wanting to pick up this book too.

Overall, it was a steamy, quick read. I really enjoyed this world and the interactions of the townsfolk in this tiny town. I will return to this series, especially if the next book is about Melody’s friend and “Wolverine”.

Notable Scene:

The sight greeting him on the other side of the open doorframe left him worse for wear in a whole different way. Melody stood there, blond hair tumbling down her shoulders in smooth waves. Her blue eyes danced with pleasure and something else he could only define as excitement. She’d wrapped her traffic-stopping body in one of those little sundresses that looked about as substantial as a butterfly’s wing and made a man thank God for eighty-degree heat and 90 percent humidity. The dress wasn’t particularly tight or short—the women he’d dated in Cincinnati routinely wore outfits consisting of half the fabric—but on her it was straight-up sexy. The pale pink shade should have looked innocent, like ballet slippers or cotton candy. But it wasn’t. Not on her.

The color made him think of her skin. The soft, hidden expanses not kissed by the sun. His mind filled with memories of her round, full breasts, her smooth, flat stomach…the peach-like curve of her ass. Raspberry-red high-heeled sandals strapped to her feet only intensified the effect by highlighting her slender calves and reminding him of another pink destination at the other end of those amazing legs.

He forced his eyes back up and stopped at her face. Her smile washed over him, and for the first time in weeks, the restless, hemmed-in feeling he’d gotten used to since moving to Kentucky backed off.

FTC Advisory: Entangled: Brazen provided me with a copy of Light Her Fire. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Nov 12, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,676 books! | Top bar: Always visible