Hades: A Demonica Novella (1001 Dark Nights)…

Hades: A Demonica Novella (1001 Dark Nights)

by Larissa Ione

To say that I'm a huge fan of the Demonica series is a bit of an understatement( it's one of my favorites), so when I got the opportunity to review Hades I jumped right on! And I'm so excited to tell you all how much I enjoyed it, because it was really good!

Cataclysm has been working hard since her fall from Heaven, trying to earn back her wings. It doesn't help that she's completely accident prone. She's had a crush on Hades for a while, so when a huge mistake lands her in his domain the story really heats up. Hades has been paying for his mistakes for thousands of years, and having Cataclysm so close is a temptation he can't resist.

Cataclysm and Hades' story is a novella but it doesn't skimp on storyline. Hades never realized before how lonely he was until Cataclysm brightened up his life, and theirs is a story that is both sweet and ridiculously hot! I mean come on, fallen angel Hades is a total bad boy with his Mohawk and his flippant attitude. I also loved finding out how he fell, which made me love him even more.

All in all, Hades was a really good read! Fans of the series will love it, and if you haven't started this series yet, what are you waiting for? Give it a try!

Originally posted on Book Liaison

***Review copy provided by InkSlingerPR as part of a Blog Tour, in exchange for my honest review*** ( )
  Chrystina.Williams | Dec 4, 2015 |
Unfallen angel, Cataclysm (Cat), accidentally starts an uprising in the underworld. Underworld warden, Hades, finds himself attracted to the woman who causes the riot.

Hades is a clever and unique story that kept me captivated.

I actually felt bad for Hades. For thousands of years, Azagoth has been punishing him for the deed that caused him to become a fallen angel. It takes Hades awhile to figure out what Azagoth wants from him. I enjoyed Hades's personality and physical description. He doesn’t fit the typical “Hades” stereotype.

I really like Cat. She is a bit naive and clumsy. She put her trust in the wrong person and as a result paid for it and became a fallen angel. She wants to be good and make up for her wrongdoing. She feels remorse and is caring. She gets Hades. They make an excellent pair.

The plot is original and well-done. The descriptions are vivid and creative. At 100 pages, Hades is a fast read. I adore the humor and sarcasm throughout the story.

Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | May 25, 2015 |

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,902,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible