Wolf's Castle by Madelyn Hill

Wolf's Castle

by Madelyn Hill

821,035,133 (2.5)None

Was given to me for an honest review by Manic Readers

Vivian Stuart and her father were there way to see his old alchemy friend and colleague when tragedy strikes and she lost him to the sea. Now she is stranded on the island they were heading to with the son of her father's colleague and he wants her gone as much as she wants to be gone from the must old castle and isolated island. But Vivian's paste is hot on her heals and she is about to lose her heart to the Laird of the castle.

Galen Maclean is the Laird of the island with his tortured past dogging his every step. When he pulls Vivian from the sea he can't decide whether to keeper her and let her save his soul or throw her back into the sea. With his secrets and her past catching up to her will they find the future they both deserve?

Madelyn Hill did an awesome job of fleshing out her characters; they did jump from the pages and were successful in helping me finish this book. The story line however though solid left me bored and eager to move on to the other book I was reading even with the books most excellent beginning.

Book Cover:
I really like the cover of this book and felt that it really represents Wolf's Castle and was a great hook.

Book's Blurb:
The blurb needs some minor editing but it was written well enough to make me add this book to my reading list. I was very excited to find it on Manic Readers but was disappointed to find that the blurb was better than the book in eliciting any excitement for the book.

To read entire review please visit http://lauralusbookreviews.blogspot.com/ ( )
  LauraLusReviews | Dec 5, 2014 |

*Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library

Vivian Stuart and her servants wash up on the island belonging to Lord Galen Maclean after the ship they are traveling on has sunk. Her father, who was on his way to consult with Galen’s father, is dead and his books have sunk to the deep with him. Not that it would have mattered because Galen’s dad is dead, too. Galen is a tortured son drowning in guilt believing he’s responsible for the death of his father. Vivian is determined to either leave the island or fix Galen. She can’t decide which.

This book was definitely not for me. It evinced emotions in me that books rarely do, but they are by no means good ones. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to beat my brains in with Stargate (my Paperwhite). Vivian is a simpering nitwit and Galen has anger management issues. Both of them are bipolar, swinging wildly from one emotion to another often in the same paragraph. It was maddening. At 20% in I was ready to toss in the towel, but decided to stick it out hoping the kinks would get worked out. I was wrong. I started skipping large chunks of text because it was all the same. I hate him/her, I love him/her, I want out, she needs to leave, I want to stay, I can’t let her leave…back and forth, back and forth. The characters are annoying and flat. They need serious work. The dialogue is stilted. The plot is membrane thin. By 50% in I wanted a freak hurricane to come and destroy the island. All problems solved.

All-in-all this was an extremely frustrating book. Maybe others will like it better. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Oct 23, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,219,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible