West Winds of Wyoming (A Prairie Hearts…

West Winds of Wyoming (A Prairie Hearts Novel)

by Caroline Fyffe

103880,191 (4)None

This past week I've been on a Caroline Fyffe kick and it looked like I've missed on some of the books that have already been out for couple of years, and it was time I caught up with those folks in Logan Meadows.

Once more I find myself immersed in these people's lives and thanks to Ms. Fyffe's excellent writing skills I may as well be their neighbor. That's how real her setting and her characters are to me. By now, I know them well and I'm always looking forward meeting new arrivals, in this case Charlie, and catching up to residents, such as our heroine, Nell.

With a well developed plot and steady pace, I thoroughly enjoyed this romance and highly recommend you read it.

Melanie for b2b

Complimentary Copy provided by the publisher
  bookworm2bookworm | Mar 30, 2017 |
I have been enjoying this novel so much. I decided to give up a fun weekend to finish it. West Winds of Wyoming by Caroline Fyffe is like reading two love stories at the same time. There is Brenna and Mr. Hutton's story. Then, there is Nell and Charlie Rose's love story. Both stories are creatively knitted together. Of course, there are sorrows and bad trouble to deal with along the way. To sweeten the story there is little Maddie and a kitten and Brenna's children and the school children.

It all begins with Charlie Rose coming into town with his daughter, Maddie. Maddie is blind. Maddie's blindness is not a problem for her daddy. He loves her very much. He lost his wife, Annie, in a wagon accident. He comes to town because of a man who is chasing him. A man who wants to kill Charlie because he shot his son. Charlie can never relax. For Maddie's safety, he gives her over to Brenna. Brenna is a good woman and a woman who will open her heart to little Maddie.

Nell has also lost a mate. Her husband, Ben, is dead. She lives with her brother, Seth. She immediately falls for Charlie. She's hungry for attention and love from a caring man. She's a strong woman and a loving woman. Charlie doesn't reveal his life to Nell. She doesn't know the new little girl, Maddie, is his daughter. This part of the novel bothered me. I thought Nell would become angry about Charlie keeping so much of his life from her. After all, he's got a daughter walking around whom he never mentions and the daughter is staying with Nell's rival. The woman whom she think Charlie is going to love. However, Nell sweetly accepts the omissions and doesn't get one bit angry. Doesn't seem like the typical woman to me.

There are certain parts of the novel I really loved. I liked Mr. Hutton, the school teacher. He became sick with the Measles. I also liked Seth, Nell's brother. There isn't much told about him. I just feel like his life could be picked up in another book. I would like to know what happens to him. Seth has a very bad cough. It worries his fiancee, and it worries Nell. The novel never tells what caused the cough. I just know he did agree to go to a doctor. I wanted to know did the cough get worse? Was it contagious? Did it lead to Logan Meadows needing to quarrantine the town and the school? I also wanted to know more about the girl he loved. His story seems only there to whet the reader's appetite. I also wanted to know more about Maddie. I don't think her blindness is really addressed until the end of the novel. I wondered how were the blind handled in the Nineteenth century? How did the children treat her? Was it difficult to find Braille books?

With Maddie too much of the story seemed glossed over with sugar. I felt as if the author, Caroline Fyffe, was afraid to touch such a delicate issue. Her writing is so good. I know she could have handled Maddie's story. I've been to Caroline Fyffe's site to look at all her other wonderful titles. I enjoyed men having guns on their hips once again like the Old West. I enjoyed reading about the horses. Nell has a soft heart for the horses and sees them with the traits any human might display. Each character is well developed except for the ones I mentioned above. Thanks to Amazon for giving me this book to review.http://carolinefyffe.com/ ( )
  Tea58 | Oct 27, 2014 |
Widower Charlie has made arrangements with an older female friend to accompany his blind daughter to a new town for her safety. His daughter is blind and their current town has become unsafe for either of them Charlie must stay behind and sell his business and then he will join them. Unfortunately the older lady dies on the way to the new town, so his daughter arrives with only a note with instructions on putting her in the care of the older woman's niece.
Finishing up in the town took much longer than Charlie had anticipated. He then left town in a different direction and made twists and turns in his travels so that no one could follow him easily. When he finally arrived in the new town the first thing he needed to do was assess his daughter's safety without her knowing and find a job.
I found this book very well written and easy to read and follow. I loved the characters and the story line was very interesting. I will be looking for more from this fine author.
**Good Reads Win ( )
  bettysunflower | Oct 23, 2014 |

Caroline Fyffe is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,053,961 books! | Top bar: Always visible